CIGNA Health & Life Company

May 10, 2016

1. agentjhc

agentjhc Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Coming soon to your state with a New Medicare Supplement. Or so the letter says.

agentjhc, May 10, 2016
  2. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois

I just read it too. Two different Cigna Med Supps to offer. The new one cuts the commission in 1/2 in my state at age 80, ARLIC cuts it at 85.

3. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia
    So is this the next carrier to play the shell game?

sman, May 10, 2016
  4. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Is this Cigna Health & Life Insurance Company (CHILIC or something like that)?

I believe Chris Westfall made mention of that recently. Rolling out this fall?

somarco, May 10, 2016
  5. goillini52

State:
    Illinois

I don't know. I just called and asked about it. They're not going into any new states with the ARLIC Med Supp and the states that already have ARLIC will also have the CHLIC Med Supp at the same time. CHLIC isn't approved in any states yet and they couldn't tell me how the price would compare to ARLIC. Doesn't make a lot of sense unless they are getting ready to play the shell game.

I almost asked the gal about the shell game, but I figured she wouldn't know what I eas talking about.:twitchy:

6. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    9/1 - tx, ks, in, mi, ct
    11/1 - oh, pa, nc, sc
    12/1 - ms, ky, il, co

Bevo, May 10, 2016
  7. mlbny101

mlbny101 New Member

I am interested in selling Medicare Advantage plan and Supplemental plans this years, can you tell me about your company's contract.

mlbny101, May 10, 2016
  8. ChrisN19

ChrisN19 Super Genius

State:
    Tennessee
    I received a letter in this yesterday, looks like Cigna is adding in a med supp branded with the Cigna name in addition to ARLIC in Tennessee. I failed to look closely at the commission schedules but if I remember correctly they either mirrored ARLIC or were very close. Don't believe there was a start date though, just an amendment to my contract adding the company unless I declined in writing.

ChrisN19, May 11, 2016
  9. Brian F 11

Brian F 11 Expert

State:
    Florida
    I am in FL, where Cigna was spanked by CMS and their MAPD product was pulled. They appear to be jumping into the Med Supp Market with a bang. Looks like their rates are very aggressive and commissions are unusually high. Looking into it some more but seems like they are giving the shirt off their backs to get back into FL.

On a side note, since they are now BCBS I wonder how that will affect everything going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

10. goillini52

State:
    Illinois

Cigna's already been in the Med Supp business for several years with ARLIC and Loyal American. That deal with Anthem could still fall through.