Cigna HealthSpring and Express Scripts Part D - use brokers?

BK64

Is anyone aware of whether either of these plans - Cigna HealthSpring and Express Scripts, use brokers for their Part D plans and/or is it commissionable? From what I can tell, the answer is no, but wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with either of them.

Thanks

I Would Like to have them as well, I don't think any of my FMO's offer, for some reason, I know I had tried several years ago, But could not find FMO that offered

We had them, but with all of the sanctions that took place with them, we dropped them. Haven't missed them at all!

Got my question answered. Express Scripts isn't a Part D Plan they are a Prescription Management Organization like Optimum Rx

I do know one thing for sure -- you can enroll clients into a Cigna-HealthSpring PDP all day long but they are not commissionable. Seems counterproductive, as I am sure many agents will move on to a more expensive carrier in order to get paid. Dumb.

I do know one thing for sure -- you can enroll clients into a Cigna-HealthSpring PDP all day long but they are not commissionable. Seems counterproductive, as I am sure many agents will move on to a more expensive carrier in order to get paid. Dumb.

They have a great PDP plan in Kentucky and their total costs for one of my clients prescriptions was about $250 less annually than all the rest of the 22 carrier plans. I'll just tell my client to call them. I'm not going to discuss SOB with a plan I'll never get commission.

I learned years ago, when you do what's best for the client, even forgoing near-term commissions, it ends up blessing you long term. A huge percentage of my business now is referrals, and you don't get them by looking out for #1.

You did the right thing, and I hope your client brings you others!

Back