Cigna Healthspring Vs. Cigna Connect?

Joe9386

Does anyone know if there's a difference between "Cigna Connect" and "Cigna Healthspring"? My MD said he would take "Cigna", and my hospital will take Cigna Healthspring, but this is the first HMO I've dealt with in years, and can't seem to get a concise answer from Cigna representatives. I've been trying to decide on a plan in the ACA this year, and what with Ambetter/Celtic and all the PPOs way over my budget, I'm left with few choices.

Thanks

JOE,

Take a look at this CIGNA medical provider website.

https://www.cigna.com/hcpdirectory/

The GREEN colored box is for CIGNA CONNECT. Marketplace-ObamaCare plans in Illinois use the Cigna CONNECT HMO Network.

The BLUE colored box is for Medicare. CIGNA HEALTHSPRING is the medical network that people who have Cigna Medicare Advantage plans utilize.

-Allen

Well, since someone brought up Cigna-HealthSpring, does anyone know if they have said when they will be paying commissions this month? Or if?

No commissions for individual health for 2017 from Cigna.

Thanks, but I'm talking about the Medicare Advantage plans offered by Cigna-HealthSpring, not Cigna individual health. Was wondering when they planned to pay us our $$.

Also, will they pay the entire '17 renewals up front, like they did last year, or as earned?

Thanks, but I'm talking about the Medicare Advantage plans offered by Cigna-HealthSpring, not Cigna individual health. Was wondering when they planned to pay us our $$.

Also, will they pay the entire '17 renewals up front, like they did last year, or as earned?

Cigna was sanctioned so they were not able to sell any new Medicare Advantage plans in Illinois for 2017 (not sure about other states). I have no idea what happened to renewals or even if they were allowed to renew existing policies.

Back