Cigna Healthspring Will No Longer Pay for Pre-MIPPA Enrollments

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex

THE COST CUTTING CONTINUES

Partners

As we continue integration between legacy Bravo Health, HealthSpring, and Cigna to function as one Cigna-HealthSpring sales team, we are changing certain policies and procedures to standardize operations.

To that end, we have successfully integrated systems to standardize commission payments and methodology.

The new commissions payment and methodology system will change Bravo Health sales. Bravo Health sales were paid pre-MIPPA commissions. For legacy Bravo Health pre-MIPPA business (contracts prior to 2009), the renewal stream expired according to the Agreement in place at the time the business was written. Beginning in Contract year 2015, we will cease the payment of renewals for effective dates prior to 2009. We have already made one additional payment because of the lump-sum annual renewal payment in 2014. We will not recoup any payments made for this renewal year – unless, of course, a customer dis-enrolls from their plan. We wanted to notify you of the change as soon as we realized our systems conversion would require a single payment. We appreciate your partnership. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact your local sales staff or the commission team.

If you have questions please feel free to contact your local area sales team.

"we will cease the payment of renewals"

"We appreciate your partnership"

Nuff said

Better than Humana giving them a new agent and saying you left the business?

I don't know about better, but definitely in the ball park. And let's be clear, it's a person who doesn't even have coverage with Humana.

This doesn't sound incorrect. Back then renewals were just paid five years. Lifetime renewals began the year of announcement.

All it looks like to me is that they're paying a lump sum for the final year of renewals, as opposed to monthly.

Right. 2009-2014= 5 years. I'm not understanding the issue?

Well, it IS a change. My upline had mentioned to me that the former Bravo management would continue to extend the pre-Mippa renewals at $225 each since there was no CMS guidance on how to pay them. Cigna Healrhspring could have opted to do the same thing as other companies have,but opted not to do so.

Back