Cigna Pdp Calling My Clients

Agent0706

Some of our clients are calling to let us know that the PDP carrier we put them with, CIGNA, is calling trying to sell them a medicare supplement. They have the list of their medications they use when asking the health questions. None lost yet but wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
I have tried to find out what supplement company they mention to see if it might be Great American. The callers identifies themselves
as being connected with their CIGNA PDP.
Thanks from TN.

Does your Cigna PDP contract run through Great American at some point? If it does, you can count on that kind of backstabbing from them.

Seems to be a pattern here. Similar allegations have been levied on this forum against Humana.

Seems to be a pattern here. Similar allegations have been levied on this forum against Humana.

The allegations on Humana are more than just allegations. They send mail and email offering Medicare Supplements on a regular basis. I've had a few emails forwarded to me from my Humana PDP clients.

One reads in the subject line:

Did you receive Humana's Medicare Supplement information in the mail?

Shady!

Agent0706 said:
Some of our clients are calling to let us know that the PDP carrier we put them with, CIGNA, is calling trying to sell them a medicare supplement. They have the list of their medications they use when asking the health questions. None lost yet but wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
I have tried to find out what supplement company they mention to see if it might be Great American. The callers identifies themselves
Thanks from TN.

Since I am recieving solicitations to sell the new Cognac med supp I can believe this direct from the carrier why would they not leverage the existing business relationship. Also shows Cognac does not care about the agent relationship.

Our PDP contract with CIGNA runs through Southern Insurance in Lawrenceburg TN as does our Humana contract. We don't have a contract with Great American at this time.
Thanks for all the post!

Since I am recieving solicitations to sell the new Cognac med supp I can believe this direct from the carrier why would they not leverage the existing business relationship. Also shows Cognac does not care about the agent relationship.

Seriously? I could go for some Cognac Med Supps. It ought to help you forget all your worries.

Have had it happen with Loyal American/Continental General. I personally feel it it is MORALLY WRONG. However, you get to arguing with the insurance companies about it and say they are replacing your business, and , they come back and say no, it's our business. Not real good for reputation.

Thanks from TN.

It's wrong but that's how it is in this business. The carriers would cut the throats of the agents if they could.

And, they will tell you straight up that they are not your clients, they are "their's".

Back