CIGNA Selling IFP In Illinois 2017

Will Cigna be selling in Cook, Du Page? I heard that only in some southern counties.

They haven't released any info about that yet. Their 2017 plan info says: "Cigna Connect HMO medical plans are available to Illinois residents living in Chicago."

Attachments

• Cigna plans.pdf
    120.2 KB · Views: 8
They haven't released any info about that yet. Their 2017 plan info says: "Cigna Connect HMO medical plans are available to Illinois residents living in Chicago."

On the last page of the 2017 plan document you attached to your post, in the Important Information section, it says COOK, WILL, DUPAGE, KANE and KANKAKEE counties.

Cigna is at 0% commission for 2017. Right?

On the last page of the 2017 plan document you attached to your post, in the Important Information section, it says COOK, WILL, DUPAGE, KANE and KANKAKEE counties.

That's what I thought so. I recalled talking to someone from agent support few weeks ago, and I think they mentioned a couple of Chicago area counties, but I was not sure. The pdf file I found online today, and I haven't had enough time to read it carefully.

Cigna is at 0% commission for 2017. Right?
Yes, 0% commission for NB and SEP. I can PM you the email, don't want to post a copy on the forum, since it has a memo, that it's for internal agent use only.

That's what I thought so. I recalled talking to someone from agent support few weeks ago, and I think they mentioned a couple of Chicago area counties, but I was not sure. The pdf file I found online today, and I haven't had enough time to read it carefully.

Yes, 0% commission for NB and SEP. I can PM you the email, don't want to post a copy on the forum, since it has a memo, that it's for internal agent use only.

No need to send me the Cigna e-mail, Prencik. I see in the "Healthcare Reform" forum that they are 0% in almost every state for 2017. And, from what another agent said in that forum, they have horrible customer service. So in effect, Cigna is doing agents a favor by keeping us away. They should do the public a favor, and exit all Obamacare exchanges.

No need to send me the Cigna e-mail, Prencik. I see in the "Healthcare Reform" forum that they are 0% in almost every state for 2017. And, from what another agent said in that forum, they have horrible customer service. So in effect, Cigna is doing agents a favor by keeping us away. They should do the public a favor, and exit all Obamacare exchanges.
Agreed.
My only concern is that they will lowball premiums, and this will impede subsidies for other plans. On the other hand we are still waiting for commission release from Blue Cross, and they might not pay us well.
This might be a really busy and bizarre OEP, lots of taking and explaining for free. I guess, I have to consider non-for-profit status for my agency. :1baffled:

I guess, I have to consider non-for-profit status for my agency. :1baffled:

Maybe you can register as a Health Sharing Brokerage Ministry and add Christian Med-share, Samaritan, and Liberty Healthshare to your portfolio.

It is my understanding that Cigna recently announced there will be No agent
commissions paid to Chicagoland agents for the Cigna 2017 ACA medical plan. Cigna was recruiting and appointing agents in Chicagoland this summer. I recommend that you contact Cigna at 877-244-6215 option 1

Back