Cigna Whats the Deal?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
Anyone having Issues with Cigna

I have only started selling cigna this AEP due to them being much more competitive this year.

I have apps just pending in the portal, I call and they tell me they are all approved but their system is not updating properly to give it more time.

But more time is turning into more time days into weeks, I had wife approved in portal, but husb still pending they tell me he is approved its ok to call let him know,So I did, That was the first one there are plenty more now. and every one of them the same story

They tell me to trust them not to worry its just there is a disconnect on there portal and these are really approved in underwriting, But I am getting more and more uncomfortable now

Also I have not been paid on these supposedly approved apps, they told me last week that there is a delay I should see payment soon after the 7th

I dont mind waiting just it seems strange

Last edited:

I have only started selling cigna this AEP due to them being much more competitive this year.

I have apps just pending in the portal, I call and they tell me they are all approved but their system is not updating properly to give it more time.

But more time is turning into more time days into weeks, I had wife approved in portal, but husb still pending they tell me he is approved its ok to call let him know,So I did, That was the first one there are plenty more now. and every one of them the same story

They tell me to trust them not to worry its just there is a disconnect on there portal and these are really approved in underwriting, But I am getting more and more uncomfortable now

Also I have not been paid on these supposedly approved apps, they told me last week that there is a delay I should see payment soon after the 7th

I wrote a Cigna 10 days ago and was paid today.

I wrote a Cigna 10 days ago and was paid today.

Yea I was paid on some others,In Fact on one couple Wife showed approved and I was paid in days but the husband shows pending but when I call they assure me he has been approved but still shows pending 2 1/2 weeks later. When They assured me he was approved I told him he cancelled his cov already

I called again today again they assure me he has been approved that its just a problem with the portal and they are backed up but working on it

If they told me these were just pending I would understand but that is not what they re telling me

Yea I was paid on some others,In Fact on one couple Wife showed approved and I was paid in days but the husband shows pending but when I call they assure me he has been approved but still shows pending 2 1/2 weeks later. When They assured me he was approved I told him he cancelled his cov already

I called again today again they assure me he has been approved that its just a problem with the portal and they are backed up but working on it

If they told me these were just pending I would understand but that is not what they re telling me

I've had several companies tell me cases were approved and they still showed up as pending for a few more days on the website. I've also been paid many times before the commission payment shows up on the websites. It usually takes a few days for the website to catch up, but 2 1/2 weeks is ridiculous.

I've had several companies tell me cases were approved and they still showed up as pending for a few more days on the website. I've also been paid many times before the commission payment shows up on the websites. It usually takes a few days for the website to catch up, but 2 1/2 weeks is ridiculous.

I don't know, just feeling a little uncomfortable at this point.

However after looking at it I was paid and showed in portal normally for 5 deals.Up till that couple wife I got paid husb still shows pending, That is where it began since then I have 6 more the same deal they tell me they have been approved but are showing pending

So it def looks like a starting point of the trouble, The wait times calling are terrible 75 minuets today. I just hope they are not telling me deals are approved when they are not, that is what I am concerned about.

I don't know, just feeling a little uncomfortable at this point.

However after looking at it I was paid and showed in portal normally for 5 deals.Up till that couple wife I got paid husb still shows pending, That is where it began since then I have 6 more the same deal they tell me they have been approved but are showing pending

So it def looks like a starting point of the trouble, The wait times calling are terrible 75 minuets today. I just hope they are not telling me deals are approved when they are not, that is what I am concerned about.

I'm sure it'll get better soon. I just called Cigna to ask a question the other day and I was on hold 45 minutes(that's better than 75). I asked if this kind of wait time was normal, and was told no, but they're just really busy because of AEP.

Word is they didn't staff up like they should have.

They're catching up though, just got paid on two I wrote early last month!

Same here, have about 10 pending apps.

Well I have just been informed that the one I was told 100% is in fact approved 2 1/2 weeks ago that I told to cancel his insurance, Is in fact still in underwriting

This is what I was concerned about

I just spoke to an agent about Cigna's approval timeline yesterday and someone already mentioned it. They didn't staff up for AEP or they are getting a lot more business than they anticipated.

It was taking weeks to get approval instead of days.

Supposedly by Jan. 1st it will be smooth sailing with underwriting ...

Back