Cinergy Health Insurance

Re: Cinergy Health

I don't agree. Generally speaking, I think we can agree that anybody who can afford a major medical (high deductible or otherwise) should go for it. But for the 40 million people who make less than $40,000 a year and have three kids, limited medical plans like this offer an opportunity to get the kids to the doctors office and emergency room with no OOP expense.

Show the board what some of the plans will cost for your fictitious family and then we can go from there.

I take it you are selling the plans or know somebody who is. If that's the case, what is the commission on the plans? I'm not saying I wouldn't sell plans like this, but I would make sure I exhausted all the other options first before I considered selling these types of plans.

If it's a matter of money, tell the person you don't receive any payment for your services and see if you can get some referrals.

BTW, the fictitious family you illustrated would potentially qualify for CHIP and Medicaid depending upon their state. I see no reason to provide (In bob's words) phantom coverage that can potentially make the family poorer.

Last edited:

Another scam discount deal. They were doing some heavy marketing in FL several months ago. Latinos and Haitians (in Fl) fall prey to this stuff due to the language barriers....and that they want to insure 9 people for $99 a month. Sad.

Does anyone know how to contact Cinergy? I didn't save the info I wrote down to originally contact them. As I did sign up for insurance from them and now have received nothing from them, and my coverage was supposed to start Oct 1st!

My earlier post has a link to their website. You should find contact info there.

A letter I tried to send to a supervisor at Cinergy. I thought anyone wanting to do business with them would like to see this.

I wanted you to know that I signed up on line this past week for information and to consider Cinergy for my health insurance needs.

The first call I received was from a lady with a strong Spanish accent. I had a difficult time understanding her and when I asked if there was a number to call back later that would suit my time she hung up. Within an hour I received another call that went to voice mail. That person was talking to his co worker about his wife in the shower that morning as my voice mail had already gone into record. The next person who called stayed on long enough for my voice mail to pick up all the back ground noise in the call center. After those three calls I called and had my number removed.

This is without a doubt the most unprofessional invited solicitation I have ever gotten from any company I have asked to contact me. Due to the un-professionalism and the inability to leave messages on my voice mail, I will not be considering Cinergy and have already told many of my friends who are self employed and are looking for better rates.

So what did he say about his wife in the shower? Anything you can repeat here?

So what did he say about his wife in the shower? Anything you can repeat here?

Funny that you ask. I deleted the message and was getting a little mad at that point since they were interrupting my work and wouldn't take the time to leave a message like others would. At this point I wish I saved it so I could give you the details!;)

It is only fair to post a reply I received from a Cinergy supervisor. I must admit, I was completely surprised!

I’m the Chief Compliance Officer for Cinergy Health. Your email was forwarded to my attention. Thank you for your input because it’s how we improve as a company. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you from the calls or from our agents’ rude behavior. Your comments have been forwarded to company management to make them aware of your input. We are investigating the specific calls mentioned in your email and we will take the appropriate corrective action against the agents to prevent them from doing it again.

Sincerely,

David Dimlich
Chief Compliance Officer

thought this was funny. their own company claims they are ONLY a discount plan:

BBBOnLine Reliability Profile: Cinergy Health, Inc.Company/Organization Information:19495 Biscayne Blvd., Suite #604
Aventura, FL 33180
Phone: 305-792-9996
Fax: 305-792-9669
Email: Click here Description of Product & Services Offered:DMPO - discount medical plan organization. Not insurance. Current BBB Member under Palm Health Benefits, LLC (name change).Company Website(s)www.cinergyhealth.com
Business Start Date:11/10/2003Bureau Join Date:10/31/2004 Company Management:Daniel Touizer (CEO/President)Customer Service Contact:David Dimlich (Chief Compliance Officer)
Phone: 305-792-9996
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
dont know why the little laughing men are in the post... i guess cinergy thinks their company is funny

Last edited:
Back