Cinergy Health Insurance

Re: Cinergy Health

I can only comment on their sales tactics, which seem to be somewhat shady. [BTW, I have pre-existing conditions (depression, thyroid) that are not life-threatening but do require daily meds, some of which are pricey. I expect that any interim plan that's reasonably priced would exclude them. One agent from a good company said they probably wouldn't cover me at all, and I didn't bother to apply.]

I logged onto cinergyhealthplans.com for info after seeing their commercial. Online I requested a quote and gave them my name and phone number. They called me within a couple of minutes. Asked if I currently had health insurance, and if it was individual or family. (Individual.)

Right then and there he quoted me $241/month, no deductibles, no copays, no pre-existing conditions. Much better than the >$500/month offered as continuation coverage from my prior employer's insurance company, and COBRA too. But he said that he needed to ask me a number of questions to see if I would qualify.

Frankly, with the deal sounding so good, I'd be surprised if I'd qualify. My guess is that they just don't qualify people with pre-existing conditions, otherwise how could they stay in business? Also, it struck me as odd that their website shows two plans, but I was given only one quote.

Now here's the really weird part. He asked if I was planning on purchasing today. I said, well, i'm still shopping around. The bottom line is (and this was after going around in circles with him) - he refused to tell me if I'd qualify unless I first made a verbal commitment to join at $241/month. He said that I needed to go to their comprehensive web site to decide whether I wanted the coverage before he would even begin the process to see if I qualified. He said that if I didn't sign up, I'd have to go through the qualification process again, and there's no guarantee that the few spaces remaining for this great deal would still be available. I said, that's o.k., I'm willing to take that risk, but he refused again, saying - this is how our business is run. I even baited him with - it seems as though a legitimate company would provide this information up front prior to requiring a commitment, at which point he again referred me to the website.

I figure that if they need a $$ commitment prior to qualifying, there must be additional hidden expenses, or I wouldn't qualify to begin with. Either way, I won't waste any more time on them.

Re: Cinergy Health

all health insurance companies will require a commitement of purchase before it goes through underwriting. this includes getting either a check, checking account info for the future bankdraft or a cc number. some online companies draft right after the submission of an application or right after the approval. either way, it is a commitment of purchase.

not defending them but getting an up or down answer from u the client is mandatory for proceding to the approval process

I disagree with most of these posts. I have had Cinergy Pref. Ind. 1000 plan for several months now. I have had zero problems. Dont reccommend to everyone, but it works for me........

My case? Single mom. 2 kids. Live in bankrupt CA, kids on their Dad's insurance - BC/BS. Moved from Chicago in 06 - teachers union sets wages for teachers. After 15 yrs of teaching, and having an MA degree, cant get hired for going rate - they hire new grads at 40,000 less pr year instead.

Began own business. First year, start up, making it so far - but no health coverage.

Waited in line for state 'Medical' scam for 6 hours with the illegal immigrants. They all got insured by CA, because their american born babies weren't insured.

I did not, because I am a responsible taxpaying citizen with two COVERED children. So I get nothing. YAY, CA!!!! Cant afford the premiums for ind. insurance, have no employees yet - so went to Cinergy.

I get my basic meds, get to see a dr. when needed for checkups etc - only having to pay 20 bucks to see my drs....and have had no problems with the system at all.

Friendly helpful employees that you can actually reach on the phone w/o waiting, they give names etc of drs. / pharmacies participating in plan...

basic coverage - meets my limited needs at the time. No bells and whistles, but it is is 1000000 times better than socialized medicine. Will I Kee it forever? Probably not. But for now - it is fine for me.

If you take responsibility for your finances, your health, etc. - and understand what you do and dont get (personal responsibility) you will be fine. If a plane falls on my head or I have a major health crisis - well then the last thing I will be worrying about is my million dollar medical bills anyways. At least until I can function...sorry thats how the world works.

In short - insurance people always bank on the what ifs....and criticize things based on WHAT IF - - but like my dad always said with investments and insurance, and all other things -

" ...'what if' in one hand and sh#t in the other hand. See which fills up faster....in other words - 'what if' dont amount to sh#t..."

My advice: buy insurance responsibly based on what IS, rather than on 'what if' -until you can afford to cover all the what ifs - - and take life as it comes. =)

My advice: buy insurance responsibly based on what IS, rather than on 'what if' -until you can afford to cover all the what ifs - - and take life as it comes. =)
My house if not on fire so I don't need insurance to cover what IS. What IS is that my house is fine.

What IF is that my house could catch fire.

So, I guess you're right. Let me call the insurance company and tell them I'll get back to them when I need what IF.

Rick

Chumps was used to check this post.

buy insurance responsibly based on what IS, rather than on 'what if'

Insurance for what is, is not insurance. In the case of health coverage, it is prepaid medical at a high price.

If that approach made sense then everyone would buy auto insurance that comes with copay's for tires, brakes and oil changes.

If you fail to account for what might happen you will come up short.

I just had a current client email me after we submitted an application with a major carrier in my state. His email read this:

[FONT=&quot]Kris,

We are looking into Cinergy Health insurance. Some friends of ours have it and love it. Didn't see anything negative posted online about them. No deductible, no copays, 80% on surgery, 100% on dental and prescriptions. $484/month for the family and we wouldn't need the accident reimbursement coverage. Sounds better than the carrier I am with and what you are proposing. Based on what we spent last year, we would save a couple hundred. Obviously you want to keep our business, but do you have any thoughts?

Thanks

[/FONT]I replied with this:

[FONT=&quot]I highly recommend staying away from limited/scheduled benefit plans, they are very dangerous and can bankrupt you should something serious happen. I’d recommend not putting your financial future in jeopardy to save a few bucks. [/FONT]

I also included a few links and asked for a signed waiver letter saying I will not be held responsible should they take this plan and something serious happen. I showed them a good policy, if they refuse to take my advice then I can't help. I've had this family on my books for the past 3 years too, I guess some people don't ever learn.

I replied with this:
[FONT=&quot]I highly recommend staying away from limited/scheduled benefit plans, they are very dangerous and can bankrupt you should something serious happen. I’d recommend not putting your financial future in jeopardy to save a few bucks. [/FONT]

Here's the problem: logic doesn't sell. Never did.

What makes you think that the guy even knows what a "limited/scheduled benefit plan" is?

"I highly recommend". Why? Who are you? Here's what the guy knows; the premium that he has to pay to protect his family this month.

If you don't put it in human terms ("if you have to have your appendix out next week, here's what it's gonna cost out of your pocket"), and explore alternatives like raising deductibles, etc., what do you expect?

Your client is the one that doesn't get it?

Back