Clarification on selling over the phone

boomshack

This is a technical question, not about sales skills.

How does one actually sell a policy over the phone without ever physically seeing the applicant (any life or health policy)?

I've read and seen videos about such and such agent that is licensed in multiple states and is selling, for example, medicare supplement over the phone. How does one actually complete an application, get a signature, verify all medications needed for the application, verify the condition of the applicant physically?

Is there a simple thing I am missing here? None of this kind of information is covered in licensing.

How does one actually sell a policy over the phone without ever physically seeing the applicant (any life or health policy)?.
Well back in the day I use to fax applications and they would fax it back,,,,now with my group health plans I email the app's in PDF and they email them back.....now with life insurance I develop a application link and they fill out a 4 page app and the back office takes it from there....learn more here.... http://www.selltermlife.com/

iPipeline is the King of over the phone life sales. Couple that with a few carriers doing voice signatures ... for FEX...and having a good website that is impressive .. you should be good.
Links to iPipeline at bottom of N.A.A.I.P.

And nice phone script and information for Selling Final Expense by Phone.

Health insurers will give you a link for online enrollment - The website that my company gives you is very good at that. We made banner images for 15 of the largest health carries. All you have to do is plug in your enrollment link and click display.

Last edited:
This is a technical question, not about sales skills.

How does one actually sell a policy over the phone without ever physically seeing the applicant (any life or health policy)?

I've read and seen videos about such and such agent that is licensed in multiple states and is selling, for example, medicare supplement over the phone. How does one actually complete an application, get a signature, verify all medications needed for the application, verify the condition of the applicant physically?

Is there a simple thing I am missing here? None of this kind of information is covered in licensing.

Buckle your seatbelt, cuz very little of what you need to do and know was covered in licensing.

Latest posts

Back