Classic Car Insurance Carrier

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
which carrier is best for classic car insurance?

looking for something that is driven occasionally on weekends, mostly to and from events or club meetings, but sometimes they will drive around just for fun.

I know classic car insurance impose a mileage restriction, but is the driver allowed to drive his car for FUN sometimes?

if the classic car gets into an accident while driving for fun, will these classic car insurance deny the claim?

Many companies are doing away with the mileage restriction (too much of a hassle trying to police it).

Instead, many companies require proof of regular auto insurance on the insured's other vehicles. They just want to see that the classic vehicle isn't the insured's (or other household member's) primary vehicle.

Also check Grundy Insurance. They were quite a bit cheaper and no had mileage restrictions when I compared them for my cars against Hagerty.

the insured for classic car insurance must have another car insured and registered in their name? or just have another car for daily transportation?

i checked grundy, hagrety, jctaylor, safeco. they price varies a lot from 50 to 400 a year.

I think each carrier varies slightly in how they handle the underwriting.

But in general, they want to see that you and other drivers in the home aren't using the classic car as a primary vehicle. Usually, a copy of the regular auto insurance dec page is good enough.

As far as the wild fluctuation in prices, I've noticed that some classic car people swear by the more expensive carriers.

Last edited:
When it comes to classic auto insurance, carriers provide coverage on the stated value and the agreed value. You want to make sure your car is insured for its current value. With many classic cars appreciating in value every year this is an important consideration. While this may require a slightly higher premium you'll make up the difference if ever you need to file a claim.

Back