Clawback Woes..........

What I don't understand is why they are reinventing the wheel? Medicare has been doing income based adjustments for several years. It's been working. Why do they have to do something completely different? And basing the subsidy off of PROJECTED income is doomed to fail every time. I know I can't project my income. You can't expect working Joe and Jane to do it either.

What I don't understand is why they are reinventing the wheel? Medicare has been doing income based adjustments for several years. It's been working. Why do they have to do something completely different? And basing the subsidy off of PROJECTED income is doomed to fail every time. I know I can't project my income. You can't expect working Joe and Jane to do it either.

You want my prediction?

Rick

I think we should be allowed to buy into Medicare at an earlier age

----------

I talked to a guy that has Medicare and TRICARE and some other state plan from back East in Washington DC. how does that happen? I mean if you already got TRICARE should he be allowed to have Medicare? I'm just throwing this question out.

I think we should be allowed to buy into Medicare at an earlier age ---------- I talked to a guy that has Medicare and TRICARE and some other state plan from back East in Washington DC. how does that happen? I mean if you already got TRICARE should he be allowed to have Medicare? I'm just throwing this question out.

We pay into Medicare our entire lives before we ever pull any benefits out of it. (Most of us anyway.)
And it's still going broke.
Where would the money come from if the younger masses bought in without paying in as long. That would be some major premiums.

We pay into Medicare our entire lives before we ever pull any benefits out of it. (Most of us anyway.) And it's still going broke. Where would the money come from if the younger masses bought in without paying in as long. That would be some major premiums.

Those who don't have enough hours and are still eligible can buy Part A for up to $407 per month (depending on the number of credit hours).

So how much more would it be if others could buy in? Would Part B premiums increase as well? Let's just leave it where it is for a moment. That's $511.90 per month (for A & B). Now imagine a family of 4. For the low, low price of $2,047.60 per month your family can buy into Medicare. Yeah, that's going to happen.

Back