Clear Spring Health Part D - Commissionable to Brokers?

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
While skimming through my parents' pilfered 2020 Medicare & You book, I noticed the above carrier will have two Part D plans in my area. One is relatively low-cost ($16.30 month).

Their website Clear Spring Healthcare only shows MAPD plans in other States (I assume it just hasn't been updated yet with the Part D plans).

Does anyone know if they're commissionable? I havent seen contracting for them from the various FMOs.

While skimming through my parents' pilfered 2020 Medicare & You book, I noticed the above carrier will have two Part D plans in my area. One is relatively low-cost ($16.30 month).

Their website Clear Spring Healthcare only shows MAPD plans in other States (I assume it just hasn't been updated yet with the Part D plans).

Does anyone know if they're commissionable? I havent seen contracting for them from the various FMOs.

kstein asked the same question in another thread. Until Oct 1, I don't think there is much help available other than what an fmo might be able to provide.

I have tried hunting several times, and all I have been able to come up with is that for 2019 they have mapd's in 4 states. I would not have any success here starting a thread asking if anyone has any experience with the 2019 mapd's, :D you might. Whether or not they pay commission on the mapd's might be an indicator of the situation for the pdp's.

I found one speaker bio for Jason Montrie that indicated that clear spring health is a subsidiary of Delaware Life Insurance Company. I have also seen reference to a 1001 something or another holding company.

This paragraph is rank speculation on my part, no good facts. I'm thinking I saw something about delaware formerly being sun life. A speculation, starting with mapd in 2019 and going to PDP in 2020, ownership is trying to expand delaware into the senior marketplace.

I have personal interests for the same reasons you do and have been able to come up with no other course of action than to wait for oct 1 when public listings of pharmacies and formularies will be available.

If you don't come up with any other ideas, you could also try pm'ing Todd and asking if he has any "back room gossip" about them he would share with you privately. That's another option that is really not available to me as a non-agent.

Edit 09/28

I have come up with two fmo's that appear to handle the Clear Spring/Eon MAPD's. Don't know if that means they will also handle the PDP's in 2020.

Tidewater Management and Garrity Advantage.

Last edited:
So, after all this, has anyone found out if Clear River Health contracts with agents for their PDP's? Or am I gonna have to get off my lazy butt and make the call myself? Perish the thought...

Back