Client Advice for a Newbie

bps

Expert
Hello,
As I'm relatively new to annuities, I thought I'd ask advice about a client couple. They want to look at their accounts separately. Wife is 65, plans to retire next year, and has close to $400,000. She is looking to invest $150,000 in an annuity, and plans to turn on income at 70. Preserving assets and creating income is the driving motivation for an annuity.

Husband is 60, and plans to work until 70. He has around $560,000 and is looking to invest $100,000 in an annuity, turning on income at 70. He also owns a business that should net around $300,000 at retirement. Again, preserving assets and creating income is the driving factor. Social Security and the income from the two annuities should provide a solid income base for them.

For her, Great American Custom 10 stacked looks like a good option. For him, Allianz 222 seems to fit his needs well. Nationwide New Heights illustrates very well (back tested of course), but I am leary about the 3 yr p2p and it's a new product without a track record (I do realize it's essentially an Annexus product).

Thoughts on fit?

Hello,
As I'm relatively new to annuities, I thought I'd ask advice about a client couple. They want to look at their accounts separately. Wife is 65, plans to retire next year, and has close to $400,000. She is looking to invest $150,000 in an annuity, and plans to turn on income at 70. Preserving assets and creating income is the driving motivation for an annuity.

Husband is 60, and plans to work until 70. He has around $560,000 and is looking to invest $100,000 in an annuity, turning on income at 70. He also owns a business that should net around $300,000 at retirement. Again, preserving assets and creating income is the driving factor. Social Security and the income from the two annuities should provide a solid income base for them.

For her, Great American Custom 10 stacked looks like a good option. For him, Allianz 222 seems to fit his needs well. Nationwide New Heights illustrates very well (back tested of course), but I am leary about the 3 yr p2p and it's a new product without a track record (I do realize it's essentially an Annexus product).

Thoughts on fit?

You seem to have a pretty good handle on it. Just remember to keep it simple when you are presenting.

Hello,

Thoughts on fit?
Great American is an excellent choice for her. For him, I would look at one of American Equity's products. Their bonus products offer a 7% roll up in the income account for up to 10 years (6.5% for up to 20) a wellbeing option (in most states) which doubles his lifetime income payments for up to 5 years if he can not perform 2 of the 6 activities of daily living. You're on the right track, but definitely give American Equity a look.

Back