Client Appreciation Events

DSInsurance

Expert
Has anyone ever run client appreciation events. Here is what I was thinking, but I was worried about putting money into this and having minimal amount of people showing up? What do you think?

This is free and includes food, beverages, games prizes.

-Volleyball games
-softball games
-balloon maker
-face painter
-prizes
-games for kids
-bouncy castle
-park
-Bulk paper shredding available from local company
-Many other events as well as an educational portion such as Child ID info and possibly other's as well.

I want to make it kid and family friendly and they can invite family or friends to come along as well. Open to everyone.

Would you do something like this, or have you tried something like this? Thanks for feedback

Has anyone ever run client appreciation events. Here is what I was thinking, but I was worried about putting money into this and having minimal amount of people showing up? What do you think?

-Volleyball games
-softball games
-balloon maker
-face painter
-prizes
-games for kids
-bouncy castle
-park
-Many other events as well as an educational portion such as Child ID info and possibly other's as well.

I want to make it kid and family friendly and they can invite family or friends to come along as well. Open to everyone.

Would you do something like this, or have you tried something like this? Thanks for feedback

Is this for Seniors? I know they like the bouncy castles.:twitchy:

who wants to waste time on clients.

Me. Mine and everyone else's.

----------

-Volleyball games
-softball games
-balloon maker
-face painter
-prizes
-games for kids
-bouncy castle
-park

I assume most of your clients are with in a few miles of you. Are you a P&C agent?

I have not done these things yet, but I would recommend two kinds of events per year:

1 - Family Friendly event like what you're talking about. No business, no marketing, just a chance for people to come out and have some fun.

2 - Economic Briefing &/or Financial Strategy workshop of some kind. You can do this kind of workshop with a focus on Social Security, Retirement Income Strategies, College Funding... whatever. You invite your clients and you include an invitation to someone they think would also greatly benefit from this information.

Then you're getting personally introduced to others and you are planting the seeds for higher quality introductions when you do your annual reviews.

John Savage always talked about taking his clients out to breakfast on their birthday. He uses that opportunity to also ask for introductions, but that's a way to "spread out the pain" too.

----------

Always call in advance to confirm RSVPs and remind them to bring some family friends so their kids have people they can play with. Those can be your professional introductions too.

In my area I would consider an early evening ice cream social with homemade ice cream, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Maybe with a bluegrass band, gospel, or folk singer.

Last edited:
In my area I would consider an early evening ice cream social with homemade ice cream, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Maybe with a bluegrass band, gospel, or folk signer.

article-2200639-14E46570000005DC-680_964x536.jpg

Back