Client on MA Plan Now Taking Job with Health Coverage

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
The company has over 20 employees so group coverage will be primary does he need to drop MA plan? If so he should suspends/drops his Part B since it isn't really necessary with most group plans right?

Right, call the local SS office, drop B, that kills MAPD. SEP when he/she leaves work to get B back as well as MA.

You're welcome.

Keep the MA plan and go back to work. Why hassle with all of that for a couple of years? Unless he was on MA due to disability and was now able to return to work. If I had a 68 year old client who was going back to work I wouldn't mess with his Medicare.

Keep the MA plan and go back to work. Why hassle with all of that for a couple of years? Unless he was on MA due to disability and was now able to return to work. If I had a 68 year old client who was going back to work I wouldn't mess with his Medicare.

$1200/yr is pocket change to you?

Have him find out how the group plan works. I've seen the groups act as a supp, and others do not need part B.
I usually tell people to contact the benefits administrator for details.

IF they will put him on the group and he doesn't need B, then yes, drop it and save the money, have his SEP when he starts on it again and life is good!

I would imagine his group plan will cost more than $1200 a year by a long shot. Add in his $1500 deductible or whatever and I still think he would be ahead with a MAPD unless he is very unhealthy.

First thing I would do is compare their group plan to the MAPD plan. Is there a group plan monthly premium?

I would imagine his group plan will cost more than $1200 a year by a long shot. Add in his $1500 deductible or whatever and I still think he would be ahead with a MAPD unless he is very unhealthy.

Lots of unanswered questions,

1) Does his MA have a premium?
2) Does his MA include PDP?
3) What is MOOP for MA?
4) Does the employer plan have a deduct?
5) What is MOOP for employer plan
6) Is employer Rx coverage Creditable?
7) Does emp pay cost share for employer coverage?

You are right, we don't have enough information to make an informed opinion. Don't even know if he is 35 and on early disability Medicare or 75. Sorry I jumped to conclusions.

Lots of unanswered questions,

1) Does his MA have a premium?
2) Does his MA include PDP?
3) What is MOOP for MA?
4) Does the employer plan have a deduct?
5) What is MOOP for employer plan
6) Is employer Rx coverage Creditable?
7) Does emp pay cost share for employer coverage?

You failed to discuss commissions. I thought I trained you better than that.

Rick
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You are right, we don't have enough information to make an informed opinion. Don't even know if he is 35 and on early disability Medicare or 75. Sorry I jumped to conclusions.

We might know this since if he was on disability and went back to work, he would likely lose his Medicare. I'd assume he's over 65 but that's just a very educated WAG.

Rick

Last edited:
Back