Client Wants a Traditional Fixed Annuity

rikwells

Expert
I have a client that wants a fixed annuity. Not an Indexed annuity. It's only about 60k and she is not interested in any income benefits or any other riders. She just wants principle protection and tax deferral and wants to know what interest she will earn. Does anyone know which companies have good fixed annuity rates and have a good rating? Thanks!

rikwells said:
Virginia. Surrender period for no longer than 7 years. Thanks!

Guggenheim is B++ and its MYGA is at 3.2% for 7 years.

American Equity is A- and at 2.7%.

The Standard is A and at 2.15%

NA/Midland is A+ and at 2.05%

For 6 yr surrenders:

Equitrust (B++) is at 3%
Royal neighbors (A-) is 1.65%
The standard is 2.15%
Principal (A+) is 1.43%

For 5 yr surrenders:

Guggenheim is 2.8%
AE is 2.3%
Standard is 1.6%
And Minnesotta life (top A+ carrier), is 1.5%

I just give you the top MYGA (from my system) for each credit rating in 5,6 and 7.
I hope this helps.

Guggenheim is B++ and its MYGA is at 3.2% for 7 years.

American Equity is A- and at 2.7%.

The Standard is A and at 2.15%

NA/Midland is A+ and at 2.05%

For 6 yr surrenders:

Equitrust (B++) is at 3%
Royal neighbors (A-) is 1.65%
The standard is 2.15%
Principal (A+) is 1.43%

For 5 yr surrenders:

Guggenheim is 2.8%
AE is 2.3%
Standard is 1.6%
And Minnesotta life (top A+ carrier), is 1.5%

I just give you the top MYGA (from my system) for each credit rating in 5,6 and 7.
I hope this helps.

Based on that I'd peak at what Presidential has to offer. A very stable company with no debt. I'm not sure when the "merger" will be complete or what impacts it will have, but they're a solid company.

Based on that I'd peak at what Presidential has to offer. A very stable company with no debt. I'm not sure when the "merger" will be complete or what impacts it will have, but they're a solid company.

Presidential's MYGA rates are pretty poor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is this Q or NQ money? Does it have to be MYGA?

I'm assuming it is NQ considering she was looking at the annuity due to its tax deferral.

I only looked at MYGA. I haven't seen many 5-7yr fixed that offer much by way of guaranteed yield to surrender. With the rate environment today, which carriers have a decent minimum?

Last edited:
Look at Jackson. They are large and have good ratings from Best's as well as S&P. They have several fixed annuities. If the prospect doesn't beed the money for a while, the Elite Annual reset has a minimum 5% annual cap, though it is an index product.

Back