Clinton Can't Explain Doubling of Premiums

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
I wanted to barf when I heard the response to a great question about the doubling of health insurance premiums. Watch the video

To add salt to the wound, the LA Times insinuates it could be broker steering.

And a double down on more Co-Ops

Reminds me of "burying head in sand"

O'Donnell, an Obama voter, reported that under the ACA the premium bill for her family of four had "skyrocketed" from $480 a month to $1,080 a month. "I know Obama told us that we'd be paying a little more," O'Donnell said, "but doubling...more than doubling our health insurance costs has not been a 'little' more....I'm just wondering if Democrats really realize how difficult it's been on working-class Americans to finance Obamacare."

Clinton elicited a few snippets of information from O'Donnell, learning that her family has experienced "a few bouts of unemployment," had been purchasing their insurance in the individual market through a broker and still do--they haven't gone through the federal insurance marketplace, healthcare.gov, because "it was much more expensive than just purchasing private insurance from the insurance company," O'Donnell said.

Finally, she urged O'Donnell to check healthcare.gov to see if her family could get a better deal. That's crucial. Because many healthcare consumers still don't do comparison shopping via the exchanges, and end up steered--often by insurance brokers--into overpriced plans.

WOW! Just WOW....The level of denial is astounding!

I agree. Its amazing how many brokers deny they are the problem with health premiums!!! Come on, get with the program!

Oh wait.... that's not what you meant.....
:D:D:D

I was actually surprised they even allowed the question. The response shows that none
Of them have a clue about the impact of this. Made me feel very sad for the questioner. She deserved a better answer than " you should shop a little more". . .

Fellas?

I know she is the devil to you guys, but honestly, what answer do you give without actually seeing the plan? Could you give expert advise without seeing the plan design on why it's double in premium?

Without knowing what they had before to compare what they have now, what would you say and expect to be accurate?

You know at least she didn't claim that eliminating state lines would solve the problem.....

Fellas?

I know she is the devil to you guys, but honestly, what answer do you give without actually seeing the plan? Could you give expert advise without seeing the plan design on why it's double in premium?

Without knowing what they had before to compare what they have now, what would you say and expect to be accurate?

You know at least she didn't claim that eliminating state lines would solve the problem.....

Huh??? I would expect her to say the truth. Why avoid it? The truth is, premiums went up, more then they expected, to cover the additional costs of covering those without insurance previously.

She could have gone on to say 'because prior to the ACA, this was covered by tax dollars, now, we can use those tax dollars on other priorities', if she wanted.

But just stick with the truth.

Dan

Back