Clinton Can't Explain Doubling of Premiums

Mar 14, 2016

1. Yagents

Yagents Guru

State:
    Arizona
    I wanted to barf when I heard the response to a great question about the doubling of health insurance premiums. Watch the video

To add salt to the wound, the LA Times insinuates it could be broker steering.

And a double down on more Co-Ops

Reminds me of "burying head in sand"

Yagents, Mar 14, 2016
  2. Tkruger

Tkruger Guru

State:
    Florida
    WOW! Just WOW....The level of denial is astounding!

Tkruger, Mar 14, 2016
  3. djs

djs Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    I agree. Its amazing how many brokers deny they are the problem with health premiums!!! Come on, get with the program!

Oh wait.... that's not what you meant.....
    :D:D:D

djs, Mar 14, 2016
  4. cadylou

cadylou Guru

I was actually surprised they even allowed the question. The response shows that none
    Of them have a clue about the impact of this. Made me feel very sad for the questioner. She deserved a better answer than " you should shop a little more". . .

cadylou, Mar 14, 2016
  5. LGilmore

LGilmore Guru

State:
    Washington
    Fellas?

I know she is the devil to you guys, but honestly, what answer do you give without actually seeing the plan? Could you give expert advise without seeing the plan design on why it's double in premium?

Without knowing what they had before to compare what they have now, what would you say and expect to be accurate?

You know at least she didn't claim that eliminating state lines would solve the problem.....

LGilmore, Mar 14, 2016
  6. djs

djs Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California

Huh??? I would expect her to say the truth. Why avoid it? The truth is, premiums went up, more then they expected, to cover the additional costs of covering those without insurance previously.

She could have gone on to say 'because prior to the ACA, this was covered by tax dollars, now, we can use those tax dollars on other priorities', if she wanted.

But just stick with the truth.

Dan

djs, Mar 14, 2016