Closing Strategies

ahl77

Hi folks,

Do any of you have specific closing strategies? How do you talk your customer into buying your policy and not the one from the guy next door? I need to get better at the last mile.

Any tips or strategies you'd like to share?

Any comment is appreciated.

Hi folks,

Do any of you have specific closing strategies? How do you talk your customer into buying your policy and not the one from the guy next door? I need to get better at the last mile.

Read the Wedge"...............

Hi folks,

Your talking personal or commercial? First off...always talk in the tense as if they ARE already switching. The energy somehow gets conveyed & it works. I already know everybody's questions/concerns about switching so I answer the questions the prospect will probably ask...before they even ask it. But it's not really "answering" those questions as much as it's me "ever so gently" explaining how the process works which inadvertently answers any questions they'll have anyway.

When I get the referral I set expectations up front..

1.) I represent a variety of companies

2.) I get basic information from you in order to start the quoting process

3.) WHEN you switch we handle cancelling your previous insurance & take care of everything for you.

4.) Once I identify which carrier has the best price..I will discuss some coverage's you may want to consider adding

Once I know which carrier is best..I then start explaining insurance to the prospect. I dumb it down & after about 5-7 minutes of explaining what they need to be aware of..they mentally check out of the conversation & submit to the fact that I'm an insurance savant & they know nothing.

Control the conversation, lead the prospect & close the deal. I literally daydream about random crap & watch TV in my peripheral vision while I'm talking to prospects. People can sense when you know what you're talking about & they can sense when you're honest w/ them. The rest falls into place.

Stop being a girl & close deals.

"after about 5-7 minutes of explaining what they need to be aware of..they mentally check out of the conversation & submit to the fact that I'm an insurance savant & they know nothing."

This is hilarious!!

Also know your product and how its better than the company you are competing against.

3.) WHEN you switch we handle cancelling your previous insurance & take care of everything for you.

excellent use of "Leading language" have to structure the call from the start ABC's baby

We present one month price for all policies.

Regardless of what the prospect says, we simply explain how to sign up.

"When do you pay Geico next? Great, you pay on the 17th, instead of paying them you can just pay (my company)."

"I can send you ID cards right now, what's your email address?"

If they give me the email address, 9-10 they will give me their payment information.

"Excellent, all we need on file is a method of payment, we are not taking any money today, we except visa or MasterCard, a checking account or routing number, which do you prefer?"

Works like a charm, my sales rep sold 20 policies this week using those exact lines word for word.

You spend more time getting to kno them and thier family, then trying to over talk them. Paint the picture of your going to protect them and the ones they care about when it matter the most, then assume the close.

Super valuable info here folks, thank you really. I super excited to implement some changes in my approach and looking forward for results!

Latest posts

Back