Closing Techniques

I need advice on closing the sale. I'm getting the work done and seeing a lot of people, but I think my closing techniques are lacking. Any good closing techniques you guy are using that you would like to share?

Have you read Zig Ziglar's "Secrets of Closing The Sale"?

Ol' Zig led the world one year selling dishes and cookware door to door.

Mine's almost falling apart.

ziglh1.jpg

If you do it properly you don't have to "sell" the plan because the plan should be meeting the needs of the client and therefore sell itself. Remember, you should be making notes of the clients needs and concerns and all you have to do is explain and advise how the plan that you're pitching will help meet those needs.

As far as presenting 2 plans at a time I wouldn't recommend it because in my opinion you could be giving them too much info and you could run more into "I need to think about it"....and rightly so because giving too many options sometimes just muddies things up. I'm talking from experience because I used to recommond 2-3 different plans and let the client make the choice...guess what happended more and more often? The client had to think about it because I was giving too many choices. Once I cut the options down to one and explained how this plan would meet their needs my closing ratio went way up.

Either way you do it, remember, it has to meet the clients needs and how do you know what the needs are? You listen more than you talk.

I agree on the too many options point you're making. Some people can't even make a decision with one option.

I disagree on your point about not having to "sell" the plan. Selling is not a negative thing. Selling or being a salesman should simply mean being a professional at discovering what their needs are and their situation is and offering the correct solution to it. Selling involves educating them about how your recommended product is right for them.

Don't be afraid to be a professional salesman. That a good thing not a bad one.

I agree on the too many options point you're making. Some people can't even make a decision with one option.

I disagree on your point about not having to "sell" the plan. Selling is not a negative thing. Selling or being a salesman should simply mean being a professional at discovering what their needs are and their situation is and offering the correct solution to it. Selling involves educating them about how your recommended product is right for them.

Don't be afraid to be a professional salesman. That a good thing not a bad one.

I think it's just symantics, I've been told by people "Joseph, you are a good salesman." I tell them "I'm not a salesman Mr. Jones, I'm an advisor." Essentially they are one and the same but some people put a negative connotation to the world "sell". I think as professional agents we all strive to be known as trusted advisors rather than transactional agents.

Sorry about the delay in replying to all your post. I have been out of town and have not had a chance to read through and reply. I will check it out this week and get back to you. Thanks for you replies to my post. Much appreciated!

Back