Clover MAPD, NJ

rhcbp

Expert
Looks like Clover is at it again. When they came to NJ they stated doctors had to accept the PPO plan, in fact someone from Clover replied on this forum that was the case. Of course they were fined $115,000 because that was incorrect.

Now they have 2 new marketing ideas, first you can earn an $100 fee just by letting the new member know about a survey, they do not even have to complete it. Second, you can get a $100 visa cash card for every 4 applications between 10/15 and 10/31. Here is there ad below:

Clover is giving you the chance to earn a $100 Administrative fee for completing their new Clover Care Survey.

Plus, for every 4 Clover applications, you submit from 10/15/18 to 10/31/18, Clover will provide you with a $100 Visa Cash Card to pay for your gas expenses. There is no limit on number of Visa Cash Cards you can receive!

The Process
  1. After you complete a Clover application, you simply explain to the prospective member that Clover will call them shortly after (no later than one business day) to walk them through a critical survey to help assess their needs as a Clover member.
  2. Immediately following the client meeting in which a Clover application is completed, you will notify Clover that a prospective member is expecting their call through a simple form.
  3. Important note: you cannot assist the member with the Clover Care Survey. Simply notify Clover and we will take care of the rest!
I do not know if this is legal or not, but after being in this business for 13 years, I did not think a company could incentivize a sale. Time will tell.

Looks legal to me. Allwell does the survey thing as well. Wellcare often gives $25 gas cards per app during certain times of the year.

Back