Clue and Prior Insurance Reports

puppet

Where do you get your reports? The problem is until you run the reports you really don't know if you're going to be writing the business or not because you don't have an accurate premium yet? We question people hard about their driving records but people don't often remember and if you're doing everything over the phone it's even harder. They often remember claims but it's the dates that are difficult and without those you're not getting a reliable quote. Then prior insurance affects the premium as well and people don't know how long they have been with their last carrier or continued coverage or even their current coverages. Often times parents don't have any clue what their kids have on their driving records. When you add all those variables together there is just no way your quote is going to be accurate or even close unless the household you're quoting is spotless clean. I wish I could at least have access to everyone's CLUE and PRIOR INSURANCE reports without having to have to run the MVR and paying for it. Unfortunately that 's impossible with all but one of my carriers. If I could get most of the issues out of the way with those two reports I know our quotes would have some meaning as tickets would be the only variable left in the equation. You see, I just hate telling people one thing and than having to tell them something different even if it is mostly their fault. I think Progressive is the only carrier we have that lets us run Clue and Prior Insurance alone so we are going to have to visit their website for every quote that we do which makes things more difficult and takes even more time. I've been told that Progressive systems are leading the industry and every carrier is modeling their systems after them. I just don't understand why all carriers don't have the same option as far as the reports go. Why bundle all the reports together like that especially since everything except the MVR is cheap.

Back