Clusters and Aggregators with Long Haul Trucking

sim_singh

Hi,

So this may be a dumb question, but I was wondering if there are any clusters or aggregators that have access to long haul trucking markets. I'm looking for direct access not access to surplus markets. I am based in California and I have a lot of trucking clients. Also, what are the appointment/production requirements to get access to Progressive's unlimited radius market?

Thanks!

SOLID Question my friend for a first post! This is a very solid Question. Long Haul Trucking is tricky place. I would counter your question with a few of my own.

What is your experience insuring this risk?
What is your Insurance Background?

If an Aggregator has DIRECT access to markets....they certainly will not jeopardize it by flaunting it around to everyone who asks for it. It is much like having direct access to writing Dealer Open lot- both are very exclusive market places

@shawnmwalker

I have worked with a registration firm that handles all the paperwork and plates for trucking companies. This has given me access to a lot of potential trucking clients and given me an in-depth look at how the industry works and the regulations they have to abide by. I've also seen some of the "short-cuts" these companies take to save money, which I believe, allows me to be better at field underwriting. I've been referring trucking business to a couple of other agencies in California and getting a referral commission from them. So I do have some experience in what the requirements are for some of the trucking carriers as well as submitting risks. If I had direct access to long haul trucking markets, I can commit to writing $1 mil in premium the first year.

Sim, have you had any luck with acquiring a trucking market? I sold my independent brokerage where i was under SIAA. They also only had non-admitted markets. I am in tx now and looking to go back into business. Lmk if there is an opportunity to purchase an existing book and i can help you get trucking markets.

@shawnmwalker

I have worked with a registration firm that handles all the paperwork and plates for trucking companies. This has given me access to a lot of potential trucking clients and given me an in-depth look at how the industry works and the regulations they have to abide by. I've also seen some of the "short-cuts" these companies take to save money, which I believe, allows me to be better at field underwriting. I've been referring trucking business to a couple of other agencies in California and getting a referral commission from them. So I do have some experience in what the requirements are for some of the trucking carriers as well as submitting risks. If I had direct access to long haul trucking markets, I can commit to writing $1 mil in premium the first year.

Hello every one, just having same question, although I write with Progressive the 500 Miles limit in CA, but need a long haul market too?

Back