CMS Advertising MA plans Directly to Medicare Enrollees

AboutThatLife

Guru
100+ Post Club
Title is self-explanatory. What is the industry doing to curb this practice which is ironically against CMS' own marketing guidelines?

Usually in emails sent to MS enrollees from what I understand.
I would seriously doubt that, but then again it sure would not surprise me. What possible happened is the person contacted CMS initially for PDP or to research Rx's. and then they somehow got to MA questions and went from there, Just a thought !

Have you personally seen the email? My guess would be that a client told you this. If you have an email I’d like to see

Here is an example that was going out during AEP. I think I got 9 of them during AEP. Posted on here about it and an exec at SilverScript contacted me about the emails. I forwarded it to him and he said he was going to ask CMS why they were doing this.

Attachments

• medicare ma emails.png
    medicare ma emails.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 80
They have my email address. I get MyMedicare/MSN notices, email is required (suggested) for security for access to MyMedicare. Plus I get CMS notices and newsletters.

Here is an example that was going out during AEP. I think I got 9 of them during AEP. Posted on here about it and an exec at SilverScript contacted me about the emails. I forwarded it to him and he said he was going to ask CMS why they were doing this.
Really? CMS can do what they please. Agents' commissions are not CMS' nor the insurance companies' priority. In fact they (the whole kitten kaboodle) keep finding ways to take the agent out of the equation and eventually they will. You can search for "best plans"..(ironic that they can claim that, but we agents cannot)...on the Medicare.gov site anonymously at this point. Somewhere over the rainbow "they" will probably close that window and make you register with all your personal information. That way there's even less of a need for agents....except for those that don't have computers, which is a fast dying breed.

Back