CMS Advertising MA plans Directly to Medicare Enrollees

Really? CMS can do what they please. Agents' commissions are not CMS' nor the insurance companies' priority. In fact they (the whole kitten kaboodle) keep finding ways to take the agent out of the equation and eventually they will. You can search for "best plans"..(ironic that they can claim that, but we agents cannot)...on the Medicare.gov site anonymously at this point. Somewhere over the rainbow "they" will probably close that window and make you register with all your personal information. That way there's even less of a need for agents....except for those that don't have computers, which is a fast dying breed.

The only way the get rid of the agent is by not paying commissions anymore. Clients being able to sign up on Medicare.gov doesn’t take us out of the equation. You can buy a car online too

Exactly my point. That’s how you get rid of the agent

Yeah, but not quite the same as ObamaCare. At least we still have Med Supps as a contender for the moment.

If the companies termed our MA contracts and we still had Med Supps, do you realize what we agents could do to them if we banded together? I'm not saying it would be easy to do, but if we aren't contracted to sell MA Plans anymore, then we can trash the crap out of them and to hell what CMS has to say about it. If we can't sell it then they can't tell us what to say or not to say about them.

Yeah, but not quite the same as ObamaCare. At least we still have Med Supps as a contender for the moment.

If the companies termed our MA contracts and we still had Med Supps, do you realize what we agents could do to them if we banded together? I'm not saying it would be easy to do, but if we aren't contracted to sell MA Plans anymore, then we can trash the crap out of them and to hell what CMS has to say about it. If we can't sell it then they can't tell us what to say or not to say about them.

I’m not sure where you guys are going with this.
The only point I’m making is, the ability for Medicare.gov to market plans will not eliminate agents. As if them being able to enroll online will shut us out. You can buy a car online too

I’m not sure where you guys are going with this.
The only point I’m making is, the ability for Medicare.gov to market plans will not eliminate agents. As if them being able to enroll online will shut us out. You can buy a car online too

I was just basically saying that if they try to market 100% online and leave the agents out, we can deal with that too.

Anyone who’s sent a client to their local medicare office knows they push advantage plans on people. Or Atleast stray away from mentioning supplements.

Why would anyone give them their email address, it not required for enrollment

because many seniors don't know better,

Some all they know is there is a place to fill in, And automatically feel they need to fill it out

Some also think they might miss imprtant info

Latest posts

Back