CMS Advertising MA plans Directly to Medicare Enrollees

Are you guys against MA Plans? We have an awesome one in my state. MedSupps are ok here, but just not priced as competitively as other states.

States like FL have some of the better MAPD plans but if you’ve been doing this for a while you come to learn that Med supps are always the superior coverage. And in states where you can get a plan G for $100 it makes even more sense.

Are you guys against MA Plans? We have an awesome one in my state. MedSupps are ok here, but just not priced as competitively as other states.

I can't speak for the others but ALL my clients want a Medigap plan.

Just yesterday I had a call from a guy who knew which plan he wanted (N) and was ready to enroll. Had all his information ready for me. Just needed me to recommend a carrier and a Part D plan.

He even told me not to try and talk him into an Advantage plan.

His girlfriend will be enrolling in Medicare next month and wants me to help her as well.

Title is self-explanatory. What is the industry doing to curb this practice which is ironically against CMS' own marketing guidelines?

Are you sure this is not coming from Medicare.com as they are fooling many old farts in to thinking they are an official guv source of information. Wore than the Medicare Helpline/Hotline TV commercials

Are you sure this is not coming from Medicare.com as they are fooling many old farts in to thinking they are an official guv source of information. Wore than the Medicare Helpline/Hotline TV commercials

I am an old fart insurance agent that uses mcare.GOV to run PDP reports for my clients. I have seen the popups pushing MAPD.

This old fart is also enrolled in Medicare and have received emails promoting MAPD.

Next question.

I am an old fart insurance agent that uses mcare.GOV to run PDP reports for my clients. I have seen the popups pushing MAPD.

This old fart is also enrolled in Medicare and have received emails promoting MAPD.

Next question.

Very proud of you! I am on medicare.gov often as well as being certified to sell PDP and MA . I have never seen the pop up ads but then again I am a just a young whipper snapper so I guess I am not targeted for the ads..

Makes perfect sense CMS is promoting MA because they are trying to keep medicare solvent and MA is the future.Whether agents get cut out of the loop is another question.

I think Med Supps tend to be less expensive in most other states than in my state. MA tends to be more attractive premium-wise. Maybe has to do with Medicare Reimbursement rates here being lower...? Not sure.

Anyone who’s sent a client to their local medicare office knows they push advantage plans on people. Or Atleast stray away from mentioning supplements.

Do you mean the local SSA office? If so, that’s the most absurd conspiracy theory I’ve ever heard.

I can believe CMS doing pop-ups and e-mails. However, most SSA personal don’t know just about the specificities of Medicare insurance. They couldn’t tell you Plan F to Plan N. They can’t really tell you much about Medicare Advantage either.

SSA customer facing personnel work on about 5 different projects and are woefully understaffed. As someone that works with SSA and the local field offices daily, I’m pretty appalled at this misinformation.

Last edited:
Travis, you would be incorrect in that assessment. I have clients that I enrolled 6 months out. They go down to Social Security and enroll in person. I get quite a few calls from people asking about this plan or that plan. Now I am not at the office with them so it could be a plant or a janitor but they have come back and had questions about the MA plans and costs. It is not as bad as when they go to the Senior Centers but it does happen regularly.

Back