CMS Announces Release of Full MA Commissions

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
Coventry has announced they will be sending out second half commissions ASAP since CMS announced the release today.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I tried to get the info direct from CMS to no avail, and I can't publish the info obtained from Coventry, but suffice it to say, that the list will be transmitted to the carriers on May 1st that are for the 1/1/09 effectives. Subsequent effectives will be transmitted later in the month.

ICEPs are T-65s, disabled 24mos., and ESRD/ALS, etc. The IEPs are those first entering an MA plan. The CMS document details the fields of the forthcoming document so that the carriers can prepare the database to receive it.

Ostensibly, from now on the download will be sent monthly.

Last edited:
I took a little closer look at the CMS document. In the details of the coming report, they define the fields for ICEP and IEP and set the flags like this:

item 13
field New to Medicare
size 1
start/end 277/277
description 'Y' Beneficiary is new to Medicare, was not a beneficiary in the prior month; otherwise, space

item 14
field Prior FFS
size 1
start/end 278/278
description 'Y' Beneficiary was a fee-for-service beneficiary in the prior month; otherwise, space

You will note the criteria is limited to the prior month: either not on Medicare or Original Medicare alone. How hard is this? "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

It takes a bureacrat to run a village. Is it that hard to determine this information?... carriers couldn't possibly decide if the beneficiary either had Medicare or not from the application, or could they? That would mean a bureacrat would not have anything to justify his earnings.

Last edited:
Coventry has announced they will be sending out second half commissions ASAP since CMS announced the release today.

2nd half? I'm still waiting to get the first half.

I almost spit out my first cup of coffee all over my keyboard when I read this. LMAO!
WHOO HOO...They beat my expectation of not seeing anything until June.

You don't really believe Coventry, do you?

Last edited:
2nd half? I'm still waiting to get the first half.

I almost spit out my first cup of coffee all over my keyboard when I read this. LMAO!
You don't really believe Coventry, do you?

It depends on which Coventry you are talking about. I am sorry that I didn't specify that I was talking about Coventry HC of KS. They have been good at paying promptly. They have been mum on the progress of this issue, but were the first to report CMS's announcement. That's just the conservative midwest... they don't speculate, just the facts, ma'am.

I can't say much for National Coventry that handles my PFFS and AdvantraRx. They are up in the liberal NorthEast, where they pretend to work, and pretend to pay you. They are screwed up beyond all means of help. I have been trying to get them to unscramble a mess they made of my account for over a year, and I keep getting told "we'll take care of it". I held my breath once too often and now I am brain dead.:laugh:

No, I don't trust National Coventry to do anything but putter around. There seems to be no accountability at the BSU. All requests seem to just go into the round file. It took 4 months to get them to enroll a client I signed up the first week of December on a PDP. They did all right on his wife, but never completed his. I faxed both apps within minutes of each other. It took probably about 14 phone calls and faxing this app along with an attestation form 3 times before it finally got fixed. This is entirely too much effort for such little compensation, hence I don't sell them unless I have to.

It depends on which Coventry you are talking about. I am sorry that I didn't specify that I was talking about Coventry HC of KS. They have been good at paying promptly. They have been mum on the progress of this issue, but were the first to report CMS's announcement. That's just the conservative midwest... they don't speculate, just the facts, ma'am.

I can't say much for National Coventry that handles my PFFS and AdvantraRx. They are up in the liberal NorthEast, where they pretend to work, and pretend to pay you. They are screwed up beyond all means of help. I have been trying to get them to unscramble a mess they made of my account for over a year, and I keep getting told "we'll take care of it". I held my breath once too often and now I am brain dead.:laugh:

No, I don't trust National Coventry to do anything but putter around. There seems to be no accountability at the BSU. All requests seem to just go into the round file. It took 4 months to get them to enroll a client I signed up the first week of December on a PDP. They did all right on his wife, but never completed his. I faxed both apps within minutes of each other. It took probably about 14 phone calls and faxing this app along with an attestation form 3 times before it finally got fixed. This is entirely too much effort for such little compensation, hence I don't sell them unless I have to.

I hear ya. I've finally learned my lesson w/ National Coventry. It may take legal action to get agents their money. I'm very close to pursuing it. :yes:

I would not hold my breathe over Coventry :-)

Coventry is just a puppet. The puppeteer is CMS. When you try to deal with a puppet you are talking to a dummy. When you try to talk to the puppeteer, he has a mind of his own and won't listen. The best thing to do is find another show.

Hello to all! I'm a newbie to this forum and just wanted to say hello. I thought this was a good thread to do this since I could really use MY money if CMS would be so good as to let me have what I earned and paid taxes on a portion months ago.

Good info here already. This looks to be a great resource for an independent agent.

Derek

Back