CMS - Change Your Password

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Since when are they so concerned about security? Why would they make it 60 days, why not 6 months? :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:
-----------------------------

This message is intended for agents and brokers who initiated the registration process for the Federally-facilitated Marketplaces (FFM)—including State Partnership Marketplaces (SPM).

1-17-2014

This email is to alert you that passwords for FFM user IDs expire 60 days after their creation. Your FFM user ID is the ID that you created on the CMS Enterprise Portal, during Part II of the agent/broker registration process. If you do not reset your password every 60 days, you may experience log-in problems when you try to access the healthcare.gov website through the direct enrollment pathway.

You may reset your password at any time. To reset your password, go to the CMS Enterprise Portal log-in web page at https://portal.cms.gov/. Click on the “Forgot Password?” link, at the far right side of the page. Clicking this link will provide you with instructions for how to initiate a password reset.

If you have had log-in problems on the healthcare.gov website, you may wish to reset your password.

Last edited:
They know that 3/4 of the agents won't change their passwords in time, and therefore, won't be able to make future sales.

Remember, they hate us, and will try anything to prevent us from earning a living.

Either HHS is CRAZY, or this was some kind of SPAM/HACKER e-mail. Agents don't Log In to Healthcare.gov for God's sake! Applicants do. If we start saying every 50 days that we've forgotten our password, we'll have our FFM certification and Active Producer licenses revoked for being senile and incompetent.
-ac

The only time I am only go to use this stupid password is when they tell me I need more training. Since, based on the wonderful people at healthcare.gov, training is of UTMOST concern for the exchange.

I'm doing nothing. Accenture will fix everything. :D

YAgent...explain?

I have a BCBSTX site/link, whatever. You start there. A box pops up "Do you want to see if you qualify for a subsidy", if you click yes, is that "carrier direct method". Because if it is, then I need to deal with issue.

YAgent...explain?

I have a BCBSTX site/link, whatever. You start there. A box pops up "Do you want to see if you qualify for a subsidy", if you click yes, is that "carrier direct method". Because if it is, then I need to deal with issue.

Yes, this is the carrier direct method. BCBS calls it the "carrier pathway". I assume that this is what the CMS letter is referring to. (I got the same thing today.)

What I don't understand is why CMS thinks that WE (the agent/broker) login to something? We don't log into anything with our our FFM UserID/PW at any point in the process, from quoting, to qualifying, to purchasing. Only the applicant/client creates and uses Usernames and Passwords.

So why does the CMS e-mail say, " If you do not reset your password every 60 days, you may experience log-in problems when you try to access the healthcare.gov website through the direct enrollment pathway." ????

I think a Navigator earned his/her G.E.D. and was promoted to the newly created and critical position of Broker Communications Director. (GS3)
-ac

I think a Navigator earned his/her G.E.D. and was promoted to the newly created and critical position of Broker Communications Director. (GS3)

Thanks Allan! I needed a giggle :1cool:

Latest posts

Back