CMS Changes Are Going to Lead to Commission Cuts for MAPD

How much of that $1000 a month goes towards paying claims? How much of your $17.25 goes towards paying claims?

A lot of business expenses come out of that $17.25. I gave up on marketing ma plans years ago. I still write them but only when I have to. I'm not sure what Bobs beef is with ma agents but he sure casted a pretty broad net with his rant. I'm not really sure who he was talking about either since I don't know anyone that survives just writing biz during aep. It's not easy to survive in this industry and saying agents get paid too much is absurd.

A lot of business expenses come out of that $17.25. I gave up on marketing ma plans years ago. I still write them but only when I have to. I'm not sure what Bobs beef is with ma agents but he sure casted a pretty broad net with his rant. I'm not really sure who he was talking about either since I don't know anyone that survives just writing biz during aep. It's not easy to survive in this industry and saying agents get paid too much is absurd.

If you did get out of the industry, what would you do? And who would help your 6 clients?

Rick

I don't understand the rant either.
Seems like the MAPD's are requiring same service work as med supps and maybe more. If their provider quits the network, med co-pays too high, or they don't have silver sneakers like their friend does...Ring-Ring goes the phone.

The rewrites are more educated and comparing plans to the mailed literature they get...they want low copays with a great network and lots of freebies!

And don't you just love the cases where you have to call Medicare on their behalf to get the effective dates, LIS, or why they have LEP?
Good news.....there are other products.

----------

Under the RDR (Retail Distribution Review) the UK Regulators have banned the practice of earning advance commissions and commissions are earned in arrears e.g. monthly.

They've been talking about that in life insurance:e.g. levelizing first year commissions and spreading it over 3 yrs or so.

Under the RDR (Retail Distribution Review) the UK Regulators have banned the practice of earning advance commissions and commissions are earned in arrears e.g. monthly.

Is that for life and health? I know you have National Healthcare over in the UK, is there a market for any health products...such as Cancer or Accident insurance?

I aggree there is lot of business expense for our $17.25. I guess I just read wehotex comment as the ins company gets $1000 a month all profit. When in reality very little of that is profit.

Back