CMS Disappears: No Live Call????

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Where are they?????? No live call? Kidnapped? :nah:

Ah, there they are only 5 minutes late....on the YouTube.....Guess that being on time isn't important if you have a gov job....(You have to fast-forward to the five minute mark to hear the meeting.)

No Live Stream?

Did anyone notice that the new head of CMS said the there were 5.4 million enrollments?

Thought that there were 8.0 Million enrolled?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the 5.4 referred to FFM, 8 million includes the state exchanges.

They kept talking about how important agents and brokers are in the process. I'm not sure if they are blowing sunshine or have finally figured it out....

Like, if they want their enrollment numbers to hold, maybe we might be able to make that happen.

Somehow, they apparently have gotten the message that agents feel marginalized and disrespected at times.

Reps from one of my FMO's were recently at a healthcare event where the navigator organization speaker told the audience that agents are biased, so use impartial navigators to help select plans. Doh!

One agent did get in a rebuttal. Now we are prepared with our own elevator speech about how we are independent, represent all health carriers on the Marketplace locally, and have no agenda for which carrier is best.

Usually, there is an opportunity to discuss a bit about how insurance plans work, so agents can demonstrate what we mean about helping pick plans, and support afterwards. I admit the need to keep making the agent argument kind of caught me off guard. Never assume, right?

Last edited:
They kept talking about how important agents and brokers are in the process. I'm not sure if they are blowing sunshine or have finally figured it out....

Things have not and will not change as far as agents are concerned, at least not with the govt. Carriers may have a different tune, but not the feds.

navigator organization speaker told the audience that agents are biased, so use impartial navigators to help select plans.

Agents are biased and navigators are inept and dumb (or misinformed, take your pick).

Where are they?????? No live call? Kidnapped? :nah:

Ah, there they are only 5 minutes late....on the YouTube.....Guess that being on time isn't important if you have a gov job....(You have to fast-forward to the five minute mark to hear the meeting.)

No Live Stream?

Did anyone notice that the new head of CMS said the there were 5.4 million enrollments?

Thought that there were 8.0 Million enrolled?

We pointed that out as well. On the call Thursday they said it was 8 million and now today 5.4 million. Apparently they all have different numbers as well. :)

Back