CMS Guidelines and Personal Presentation

glazarev

Expert
Does anybody knows about CMS Guidelines preventing independent agents to sell MAPD/PDP unless they do PERSONAL PRESENTATION to the client. I already found two companies (Humana and AARP) that do not allow selling PDP unless you meet with the client and make personal presentation. In other words you may not send application to the client, and get back the filled copy. Is this true for other companies? Is this true for MAPD also?

Thanks for your response.

CMS specifically says a F2F is not required by then. AARP and Humana can do what they want and could refuse to pay commission if you don't do a F2F.

I follow all guidelines to the letter and honor the wishes of all my companies.

And I'm a hell of a nice guy as well.

Rick

CMS specifically says a F2F is not required by then. AARP and Humana can do what they want and could refuse to pay commission if you don't do a F2F.

I follow all guidelines to the letter and honor the wishes of all my companies.

And I'm a hell of a nice guy as well.

Rick
And I'm a hell of a nice guy as well. When did this start?

I've been paid on several Humana apps that I've mailed to long distance clients, my agent info is there other than the "date received" because I'm not going to receive it. I tell them to sign at the arrow and drop in the mail box to the plan. Like Rick said, it is against regs to "require" a f2f to enroll.

If a beneficiary request a complete enrollment kit, you are in violation if you do not mail one ASAP, wink wink.

AARP apps can certainly be mailed. They must be signed in the state that the customer is a resident of.

I've been paid on several Humana apps that I've mailed to long distance clients, my agent info is there other than the "date received" because I'm not going to receive it. I tell them to sign at the arrow and drop in the mail box to the plan. Like Rick said, it is against regs to "require" a f2f to enroll.

If a beneficiary request a complete enrollment kit, you are in violation if you do not mail one ASAP, wink wink.

Its ok to complete the application through the mail so long as you have already done a complete presentation in person.

That's the guidance I received from Humana.

Back