CMS Hammering Seniors with False Info.

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
That seems to be the standard disenrollment letter that most carriers/medicare uses. That letter would have came if you would have switched them from Coventry to another carrier. They don't seem to realize this scares the clients half to death if they're changing plans with the same company. I've had the same problem with a carrier that I use. I've switched them from one plan with the company to another plan with the same company. I then get the frightened phone call from the client asking do I have any coverage at all?

Last edited:
I know, I completly agree with you. You can't let it upset you though, I'm trying to learn to not let this stuff bother me anymore, otherwise I'm going to have a heart attack over these riduculous rules, timelines, etc.

Yes, but it is false info and needs corrected ASAP otherwise the agent is getting the shaft! Letter has nothing in it about switching plans just states they have no coverage from coventry.

I would take this up further with CMS. They only send out "model" letters for carriers to use. It appears that no one thought beyond their nose and did not provide a "model" letter for this situation. Bring to their attention that they are derelict in their duty to provide a letter that is non-threatening to seniors.

Back