CMS Regulations True or False

Pretty sure the annual cap per person is $15.

I knew I saw $50 something.

"Generally, promotional activities are designed to attract the attention of prospective enrollees and/or encourage retention of current enrollees. In addition to the guidance on nominal gifts, any promotional activities or items offered by Plans/Part D Sponsors:
• Must have only nominal value (be worth no more than $15) based on the fair market value of the item or less, with a maximum aggregate of $50 per person, per year;
• Must be offered to all people regardless of enrollment and without discrimination;
• Must not be items that are considered a health benefit (e.g., a free checkup);
• Must not be tied directly or indirectly to the provision of any other covered item or service.
NOTE: Plans/Part D Sponsors should track and document items given to current enrollees. Plans/Part D Sponsors are not required to track pre-enrollment promotional items on a per person basis; however, they may not willfully structure pre-enrollment activities with the intent to give people more than $50 per year."

But we still haven't answered the OP's question for referrals.:no:

I'm taking the AHIP as we speak. You can offer referral fees as long as it is not contingent on a sale. Meaning you have to offer for every referral, sale or no sale and it can't be more than $15 gift. And if you buy something in bulk, the MSRP can't be more than $15 even if you paid less than $15.

And I seem to remember that it can't be cash or easily converted into cash.

But I was half a sleep as I was going thru that stuff. ^^^ That could all be wrong.

Bruh,

You know if you're taking this now... You're going to have to take it again in like 3-4mos for 2017 right?

Just making sure u were aware of this, cause you mightve not known that...

The regs on gifts to a medicare beneficiary are different than the regs on referral fees to non licensed persons for sending the medicare beneficiary to am agent for enrolment. I'm specifically asking about the referral payment for the COI, lawyer for ex, referring a client to me. I would then compensate the lawyer for sending the client. I would then, hopefully, sell the client an MAPD or med supp.

Bruh, You know if you're taking this now... You're going to have to take it again in like 3-4mos for 2017 right? Just making sure u were aware of this, cause you mightve not known that...

You have to take the AHIP every year?!?

Yep, unless you're only selling Silver Scripts PDP. You also have to certify with each company you represent each year. PITA, which is a big reason I stopped messing with the headaches.

Do I have to just take the test or do the whole Cert over again?

You have to take the AHIP every year?!?

LoL, yep, every single stinking yr! AHIP + any company certifications they may req too. So if u taking the AHIP now, youll be certified to sell plans now til the end of the yr, EXCLUDING AEP....cause thats for 2017.

New AHIP usually comes out in July/Aug so u can begin to prepare for the new yr, then u send that to all the companies u represent for MAPDs/PDPs, and then u take their own certifications too....its a pain. But it keeps your competition low.

I was going to add Humana this yr, started the process a few weeks ago....but Humana, unlike most carriers, wants u to take their own version of AHIP (even if you already have that) + certs for ea of their products too. I was like "F that", Ill wait til 2017 AHIP comes out & just get appointed then....otherwise I wouldve had to do ALL of that & then do it all over in a few months for AEP!

Yep, unless you're only selling Silver Scripts PDP. You also have to certify with each company you represent each year. PITA, which is a big reason I stopped messing with the headaches.

Is Silver Scripts a one-time cert, or annual as well?

BTW how's that going? We're headed that way in a few weeks, going to pull the trigger but SS only. No AHIP.

Baaaad AHIP.

Is Silver Scripts a one-time cert, or annual as well?

BTW how's that going? We're headed that way in a few weeks, going to pull the trigger but SS only. No AHIP.

Baaaad AHIP.

I haven't done anything on it in the past week. I've done the 1st 2 sections. I'm pretty sure you have to certify each year. You definitely don't have to do AHIP for Silver Scripts.:)

Back