CMS Regulations True or False

I don't know how 10 is better than 8. I have 8 on my desktop and I can have multible window open (like 10 to 15 windows) at all time and easily get to each one.

On my laptop I have 10 and If I have multible windows open I have a hard time going direct to the one I want. Its a dif set up not meant for the way I work

I also have a 10 that used to be an 8 that I only use for Skyping. Although I don't do anything else with it, I find 10 easier to operate than 8. If I was better with computers, I might feel differently. I've always been slow with new technology.:laugh:

I also have a 10 that used to be an 8 that I only use for Skyping. Although I don't do anything else with it, I find 10 easier to operate than 8. If I was better with computers, I might feel differently. I've always been slow with new technology.:laugh:

10 might be a little faster but it cuts my functionality by so much its not worth it

I live off tech and know very little about it, I'm thinking maybe I should take a computer course.

I'm sure I did but the answer escapes me right now. Then I call my upline who says that you go directly to jail for doing this which directly contradicts the local uhc liaison's answer. I assume you don't know either, thus the info less response.

These are the guidelines I believe to be correct which reference a $100 fee for MAPD referrals but don't specifically mention non licensed referrals or the total amount per year. For example a CPA referees me 10 clients, can I pay him $1000 over the year?

If anyone has any thoughts or other specifics I'd love to hear.

Medicare Marketing Guidelines
For Medicare Advantage Plans1
, Medicare Advantage Prescription
Drug Plans, Prescription Drug Plans, Employer/Union-Sponsored
Group Health Plans, Medicare-Medicaid Plans, and Section 1876
Cost Plans
Table of Contents
(Issued: 07/02/2015)

Section 30.8 refers to compensating clients/beneficiaries who refer others. We've determined that's not what's going on here.

Section 120.4 speaks to referral/finder fees but only in the context of agent/brokers.

I don't believe CMS has written any rules in regards to your example of getting referrals from someone like a lawyer.

10 might be a little faster but it cuts my functionality by so much its not worth it

I live off tech and know very little about it, I'm thinking maybe I should take a computer course.

That would probably help me, but at my age I don't think I have the patience.:no:

You know the old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks. LOL

Just spoke to our compliance officer and she said that CMS forbids referral fees specifically on an agent level no matter what on MAPD and PDP.
She recommended setting up a monthly fee under a marketing budget and paying it regardless of the number of referrals sent (and regardless of who signs up).

Just spoke to our compliance officer and she said that CMS forbids referral fees specifically on an agent level no matter what on MAPD and PDP.
She recommended setting up a monthly fee under a marketing budget and paying it regardless of the number of referrals sent (and regardless of who signs up).

That actually makes sense when you think about it. If someone was getting paid to send you referrals, the referred might be influenced to buy a plan whether it was best for them or not.

Plus the first time you do Humana you also have to do live classroom too.

To my understanding they will be doing away with that as soon as Aetna takes over. I think it is supposed to be changing over this year.

To expound a little further, Humana may let you do self-study depending on what state you are in.

For instance, when I signed up with them. I had the choose of a classroom setting or self-study. I, of course, choose the self study method. (Yes, it was my first time).

Back