CMS rules unethical according to UHC ethics quiz

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was recertifying thru UHC yesterday and according to their ethics quiz its unethical not to go over other optional plans when visiting with a client but CMS rules prohibit it. So how can a agent practice the ethical standards that they agree to uphold and follow CMS's unethical rules ?

I'd love to call you and tell you but I have to have your written permission to do so. Then I need to record our conversation. I can only talk about what you and I agreed to and need to get this in writing also and be able to provide this to CMS. Because you're not my client I don't think I can even do any of this......nevermind
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know I can offer you a nominal gift of $15 as long as I make this offer to everyone....only once a year though. I can't be doing this all the time

Last edited:
Aren't there many ways to have a record of a conversation or transaction besides an audio recording? We have those forms they have to sign, you could make additional notes of anything else discussed and have them sign/initial it. And when you do phone enrollment that will be recorded by co.

We all have records of check transactions, IRS filings, phone logs to various places, etc.

I attended a certification class today for medicare advantage products.

Three people actually got up and left saying it wasn't worth the effort, and a fourth didn't return after the lunch break.

It was a six hour class with a mandatory test at the end.

I went more for the education than the certification, I don't plan on selling much, but want to be able to answer questions that are thrown my way.

Clearly there are many issues with the CMS rules, and the interpretation of them. Online applications were strongly suggested.

I do have a greater respect for the agents who know this stuff inside and out.

I was joking policy doctor.... I was responding to insuranceman saying I wish I could call him (insuranceman)and explain but I can't because of all of the new regulations.

Gee, I wonder how CMS plans on enforcing these rules? It seems like a monumental task. It takes a team of lawyers just to understand them.

Back