CMS violation during AEP and lose your book of business

PCBI

Guru
Fellow agents,
This is a crucial and mandatory issue that many agents oversee. Whether u have 5 clients or 500 clients each year before u talk to any of them regarding AEP they MUST sign a Scope of Appointment form (every year!!) Most carriers require SOA with application, but this does NOT completely absolve the agent that just wants to “check in” with their book of MAPD. You cannot just call ur clients and talk MAPD options a NEW SOA MUST be sent prior to contacting them.

I know this is crazy to send out 500 return letters w signatures for u big boys writing big numbers. But, this is a govt subsidized program and they will enforce removal of commissions on violations.

Sincerely thank
CMS

Name me one agent that has lost his/hers book of business because of a non signed SOA.
My FMO said it has to be done. Follow the rules or u are in violation and if u passed AHIP u should already know violations have many possibilities that can result. Sounds like u neglected the rule once or twice?

That is only if you are getting into specific benefits of plans, not just to reach out to your customers unless I misunderstood.
Casual conversation about MAPD? We both know they will want to know whats happening in details w copays premiums ect

Ur response wouldnt stand up

Amazing how people on these blogs dont like people to complain about the CMS red tape, but when told to apply the rules they become defiant to rationalize away the true aspect of carrying out the rule.

Bunch of hipocrits!!!

Give me a break SMH

Back