CMS Will End the PCIP Broker Referral Payment Program in Federally Administered PCIP States As of Ma

1) Now that agents have done what the govt could not do alone, they don't need you any more

and/or

2) They are running out of money and don't want any more sick people.

Was reading an article earlier today on how the various trade groups are fighting to keep the agent involved in the exchanges.

How much you want to bet we will be treated the same way if and when the exchanges are established.

Oh, Somarco, ye of little faith! Read the quote in the NAHU article. It clearly says that Steve Larsen, the directer of the Center of Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) wrote in his letter,
“This [PCIP decision] has no connection whatsoever to our view of Exchanges and the important role agents and brokers will play, and should not be viewed as such…Of course, PCIP is a temporary bridge program - Exchanges are a long term change and we fully anticipate the role for agents and brokers to be as we have discussed in the past. We look forward to our work together on both these programs.”
Trust your government. The role for agents and brokers will be "as we have discussed in the past." Anybody want to guess what they've discussed in the past about us?

the "rapid increase on enrollment" is due to agents, consumers have no clue about these programs. I have the feeling that they will bypass the "middle man" like Geico advertises...on the exchanges as well:1baffled:

All CMS employee's, do to the rising cost of running the government health care program. starting this week all pay checks will stop.... You can still come to work, but you will not be paid. That is what they are saying to health agents...

I'm getting a gut feeling that Illinois's largest insurer, Blue Cross, will stop paying agents/brokers and terminate our contracts if the ACA is upheld and the exchange goes live 2014.

BCBS-IL will be the company listed at the very top of the exchange plans, just like they are now at the healthcare.gov website. Like the PCIP, BCBS-IL will not need us to steer business their way.
-ac

Maybe they just want to slow down the flow because it would look bad if they needed to go bankrupt right before a big presidential election.

Off topic, Dave you would know this.

Zero's were some of the fastest WWII planes topping out around 350 MPH. Could the fighter jets in this movie fly that slow without stalling or is this mostly trick photography?

Paid or Not....I will keep sticking pregnancy to them in hopes for the $1mill neo nat. bill........ hahahahaha.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sometimes worm holes in time can be pretty badass

F14s VS Zeros - YouTube

AND THANKS FOR THIS....just plunged in this dvd...so I am set for an hour or so....its freaky that Martin in this movie looks just like Charlie.......

Last edited:
Off topic, Dave you would know this.

Zero's were some of the fastest WWII planes topping out around 350 MPH. Could the fighter jets in this movie fly that slow without stalling or is this mostly trick photography?

The F-14 has a very low stall speed due to the swing wing design. If you notice, except for the first pass, they wings are always straight and not swept back. Even still, you don't really see a long shot of the F-14 following the Zeros. I bet the Zero pilots pretty much had the throttle wide open to help out the F-14 pilots.

Considering when the movie was made, these has to be F-14As, which were notorious for compression stalls at high angles of attack, remember the scene in Top Gun? I wonder just how far they pushed it filming this.

Question....We all know initial enrollment in PCIP was pitifull... So besides providing a little comp to brokers what else has changed?

Back