Coding a New Quote Engine

shizbiz

Hello,
My name is Danny, im a web designer from Florida. I am a computer science engineer, currently coding game applications like MW2, Men of Honor and stuff like that for a company called EA/ DICE. I recently posted a job online for freelance stuff im pursuing, however im getting flodded with insurance agents wanting me to make a quote engine QUERY for medical agencies. Although i have no clue on how to start coding this with the many option's of an online medical plan.My question is " How would i go about in finding more information on this. Any help appreciated:
Also i would be putting up a BETA quote sytem once it is completed, and i would give certain people a beta version. What i see from other online qoutes systems , is that the call out queries from a pre made pricing system, which i don't have. Also, i see that most "quote companies" are making there systems in java, as i work mainly using python's open source and some pearl applications, which do way better in seo now a days. Only those that can direct me to what Ive asked can apply/pm me here to be a beta tester

Re: Coding a New Qute Engine

ok....I think this could be interesting as spammy as it may seem......

i dont understand spammy? i am going to be giving people here a chance to use a powerful quote that blows away those other ones ive seen so far, that have no seo properties with Googles algorithm

So what are you going to do, make a quote engine, or a quote website? In both cases, the market is pretty full. How are you going to stand out?

So what are you going to do, make a quote engine, or a quote website? In both cases, the market is pretty full. How are you going to stand out?

I focusing just on the quote engine. As for beta testers, they can insert this to an exsitin website. However i will make a simple php site to go with the beta testers

I focusing just on the quote engine. As for beta testers, they can insert this to an exsitin website. However i will make a simple php site to go with the beta testers

How is your quote engine going to be any better than what is already out there? There are plenty of them out there.

Single user application fee, no monthly charges for the time being.( about a year of testing ) Highly seo....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
never mind- i sense a bit of hostlaty - oviously you have no clue in what im talking about. The quote engines of today have no way of seo, single page's . My quote engine will have the option to seo every single page with targeted keywords, just like this forum VB : example/ online-quote/florida-insurance- or what ever #

Last edited:

make a quote engine for Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage.. you will be a huge hit.

PM me if you need any info

Joe

make a quote engine for Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage.. you will be a huge hit.

PM me if you need any info

Joe

Maybe you can sell it to Medicare.gov :yes: :laugh:

I don't understand why you would want to use python. I would think you would want to use Ruby or PHP with one of the MVC code foundations... I like CodeIgniter for PHP but Zend might be more robust for your needs.

Ruby/Rails might be an option but I wonder it that is just a fad like jython was a few years ago.

Why don't you simply get in touch with the Compulife people and make them an offer of your services.

Oh... where were you going to get the data from for the quote engine?

Al
I can be found here

2nd on the confusion about why you'd code it that way.

Just from an approach standpoint I'd think you would want to do it in php with a SQL db. There really isn't anything that would be made easier by the approach you suggest.

Quoting is just a database search and reference problem.

Bigger issue would be you have to keep all the data updated and that is why you don't see random 1 man crews making their own quote engines.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also. Just for fun here, what is men of honor? Is that some new unreleased ea product?

Last edited:
Back