Cody Askins Cold Calling FE Live Training Video

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
For those wondering about what it takes to develop leads by cold calling, Cody Askins did a live training video that is now being replayed on youtube. Much better to watch it done that to have someone tell you how to do it. Got a kick out of the guy that said not to call during Wheel of Fortune. I have a friend that watches WOF and Jeopardy every evening.. He will not answer the phone during that hour.

For a guy who promotes telesales, he doesn’t seem very confident on the phone.

I could be wrong, but isn’t he the guy that had some 30 day challenge - wrote 60k in 30 days all over the phone? Anyone else think he is fos?

Can't believe how fast he talks to seniors over the phone... I thought I was fast.

For a guy who promotes telesales, he doesn’t seem very confident on the phone.

I could be wrong, but isn’t he the guy that had some 30 day challenge - wrote 60k in 30 days all over the phone? Anyone else think he is fos?
I only watched a couple of minutes. The way he was swayingbaround on the stool, I was waiting for him to fall off...and he was making me dizzy. :spinny::v_SPIN:

I wasn't impressed by what I saw. :nah:

The "leads" he would create using these techniques wont' be leads. The goal when cold calling is nothing more than to wait until someone expresses interest. You don't want to convince someone to be a lead because they will only do so to get you off the phone.

There is no good or bad at cold calling. What you want is a disciplined person who will parrot the script and wait to run into naturally interested folks. Sadly, this is a god awful job and you'll only get 1-2 leads per hour.

The "leads" he would create using these techniques wont' be leads. The goal when cold calling is nothing more than to wait until someone expresses interest. You don't want to convince someone to be a lead because they will only do so to get you off the phone.

Agreed. @Rearden has a few youtube interviews with Claud Whitacre, who is a salesman's salesman - he made a significant 6-figure annual income for many years, first selling life insurance, and then vacuum cleaners door-to-door. He has a couple of inexpensive, books, one on prospecting, the other on one call closing, that have some really good ideas in them that I have found to work well in real life. Prospecting, he says, is simply "sorting" those with some interest from all of those with no interest.

An opening line would be "You qualify for a fixed-price plan to cover your burial or cremation costs, but only if you are over the age of 50 and a resident of Pennsylvania. Would you like to hear more?" If they say no, "thankyouverymuch" <click> If they respond with a "yes," or ask a question to keep the conversation going, then you have a potential lead.

I do not know why Askins starts with "You may qualify ..." I think that is a particularly weak attempt at a "take away" and poorly position as "take away's" work better as part of the close after some value in the product has been built by the salesperson and a desire for ownership on the part of the prospect has been demonstrated. But as the opening line of a cold call? I do not get it. Perhaps it works for him.

Last edited:
A opening line would be "You qualify for a fixed-price plan to cover your burial or cremation costs, but only if you are over the age of 50 and a resident of Pennsylvania. Would you like to hear more?" If they say know, "thankyouverymuch" <click> If they respond with a "yes," or ask a question to keep the conversation going, then you have a potential lead.

I do not know why Askins starts with "You may qualify ..." I think that is a particularly weak attempt at a "take away" and poorly position as "take away's" work better as part of the close after some value in the product has been built by the salesperson and a desire for ownership on the part of the prospect has been demonstrated. But as the opening line of a cold call? I do not get it. Perhaps it works for him.
I like the way you worded that. "Over the age of 50", you know they qualify because of GI.

He seems kind of fidgety and he's got "shifty eyes". Years ago, I had a woman tell me that she wasn't buyin' from me because I had 'shifty eyes". :twitchy:

I like the way you worded that. "Over the age of 50", you know they qualify because of GI.

He seems kind of fidgety and he's got "shifty eyes". Years ago, I had a woman tell me that she wasn't buyin' from me because I had 'shifty eyes". :twitchy:

igor-film-freaks.jpg

I wouldnt buy from you either.

Back