COI Marketing

Delta76

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone else marketing health through financial advisors. I'm securities licensed, but don't heavily pursue that business. I have about three relationships that I have started in the last year through current clients talking about me to their advisors and another I met at a CE course. I'm starting to write a fair number of group accounts and some individual business by referral. I split the business with them 60/40 and its win/win for both of us. Next month I'm getting invited into a 30 person group as the result of one of these relationships.

I'm always upfront with people and tell them I am securities licensed, however, I promise not to go after their clients. I've also sold some cases through a P&C outlet, but not nearly as many. Most seem to have an internal agent that specializes in that particular area. Accountants would seem to be another logical resource along with payroll services.

Good post.

I know some captive financial advisors already have a benefits team in house they pass all their health to. At least Northwestern Mutual did.

Back