Cold Call Script For Annuities - Feedback Requested

Ouch. Yea selling annuities over the phone sounds good in theory but the amount of cold calls would burn anyone out.

*moment of silence for a fallen soldier*

Thank you Chuck for making this attempt. Mad props again for this brave soul and fallen soldier. I have finally come to the end!

Some thots. This is a hard business we are all in. We work tirelessly to convince fools against their will. . . trying to share light to the blind.

Its all about relationships, and making the human connection. I have yet to find the silver bullet or holy grail to get volumes of the blind/deaf/dumb in front of me to convince.

Seminars only scratch the surface and are superficial.
Cold Calling, ugh, but a necessary evil?
Radio or TV. . .

This much I know. We are nothing without garnering their trust, forming a deeper relationship, and having them acknowledge of the pain that they are in.

We can then help them live a better life.

. . . the method or mechanism of getting in front of them. . . well that is an enigma to me.

Back to searching this forum for insights and tricks of the trade from those of you wiser than I am!

Thanks all for posting the potential solutions!

----------

I'm a huge believer in dialers if you're making any amount of calls. It's more efficient, easier to track everything, and less work than manually punching the numbers in. That doesn't mean it's right for everyone, but I think it's a no-brainer. Yes, with my dialer you can program it to leave prerecorded messages. I've never seen that be particularly effective, but it is an option.

I second those thots on dialers, it goes to the idea that you are able to leave a 2-3 minute uninterrupted advertisement/message that will hopefully hook them.

Kicks 30 second TV and 10 second radio butt.

Learning, learning. . .

Last edited:
I have gained a lot of great information from this forum and I thank you all for that. I hope that this thread adds some value especially since there are not many annuity-specific scripts here. Your feedback on the script and any other advice or assistance is most appreciated. ~ charlesj

INTRO:

Hi Mr. / Mrs. _______. My name is (Full Name) and I am calling from (Firm Name) here in (Local Area Name). Can you hear me OK?

Wonderful. The purpose for my call is I specialize in helping people like you obtain guaranteed lifetime income. This way you can enjoy your retirement years without worrying about the ups and downs of the market. Does this sound like something you'd be interested in?
[I include the "like you" so they feel like part of a special group which they are.]

Thoughts on intro?

REBUTTALS:

"Thank you but we're not interested." OK. Well I also help people save money on their insurance. Is that something you may be interested in? [An alternative delivered with humor would be, "You're not interested in receiving guaranteed lifetime income? Really? Did you just hit the lottery?"]

"Thank you but we already have a financial advisor." OK. Well most people do and I'm not suggesting that I replace them. Would you at least be open to receiving some information in the mail that you could review at your leisure? [Undecided on this approach. Some say "mailers are failers" and this may be "pit polishing". As an alternative, I could just use the above rebuttal and see if they may be interested in saving money on insurance.]

"Thank you but we have no money." OK. Well I also help people save money on insurance. Is that something you may be interested in?

"Thank you but now's not a good time." OK. Would it be alright if I mailed you some information and followed up with you in the future?

"Send me some information and if I'm interested, I'll call ya." OK. I can send you some information but we both know, it'll probably end up on a pile somewhere and you'll never get a chance to look at it. Or... I could just swing by your house or you could come into office. I can explain how this works so you fully understand everything. The whole meeting will take less than an hour and I promise I won't try to sell you anything. Do you prefer mornings or afternoons?

I think the above rebuttals make sense however, Bill Good recommends that if someone is "not interested enough" to just move on with a "Thank you very much. Have a good day." Thoughts on rebuttals?

YES I MAY BE INTERESTED

Now for the people that may actually be interested, honestly, I am undecided as to what the best approach is. Annuities can be fairly complex investment vehicles and once you add a benefit rider, a person's head can start spinning. Thus I have a concern about just sending information to a truly interested prospect. They really do need to sit down with a professional and go over the product and all the benefits & costs. Also there needs to be a discussion to determine if the annuity would even be suitable for them based on their assets, objectives, cash flow, tax status, etc. For this reason, I am leaning towards going right for the appointment and explain that in order to properly serve them and ensure they fully understand this product, we really need to have a sit-down meeting.

Thoughts on proceeding with the people that may be interested?

I know I am late but did you ever find success?

Back