Cold Calling Against The Law ?

smithgroup82

Some other agent told me while talking that Cold Calling against the law. Is this true???? I know that there is specific rules, however I do know know if there has been so changes in the regulations. Thanks!

Re: Cold Calling Against The Law??????????

So we cant make cold calls any more? This is no longer a option in relation to marketing?

So we cant make cold calls any more? This is no longer a option in relation to marketing?
Yes you cold call, either to a business number or residential that is not on the DNC.

Soon, you will not be able to cold call to anyone regarding Medicare Advantage or (I think) PDP plans.

Rick

The key to this is getting a list scrubed and clean. The problem is the cost.

A pity there's not a web page where the phone numbers could be entered and checked.

A pity there's not a web page where the phone numbers could be entered and checked.

When I order a list it is already scrubbed. I believe the cost from Lead Concepts is about $100 per thousand. At least it was with the last list I ordered. I think that is pretty reasonable.

I like Lead Concepts because they traditionally have had the most up to date data compared to others I have used.

I'm sure there are places that cost less. I get quality information from them and don't mind paying for it. It is a "cost of doing business".

There are lots of companies that do that. I don't telemarket, but I know there are sites that you can check the number for DNC. When I was a Farmers Agent we were required to run the numbers through the site first before we called potential clients. They also sell scrubbed lists based on the demographics you order.

You cannot cold call for MA's or PDP's as of Oct 1. No exceptions unless they are existing clients.

Back