Cold Calling Against The Law ?

Nice smileys douche....

This is from Indiana where I live......

Individuals who are on the Do Not Call list and receive an unwanted telemarketing call can submit a complaint to the Attorney General's office. Being placed on the Telephone Privacy List will eliminate most telemarketing calls, but it will not eliminate all telemarketing calls. Under Indiana law, certain groups may still contact you. They include: insurance agents, realtors, newspapers, and most charities.
A couple of things...

1. Check whether or not those insurance agents need to be with companies that already have business with the person called.

2. Check and see if the National DNC trumps state law. I don't know for sure.

3. It seems odd that in Indiana an aluminum siding salesman can't call but an insurance salesman can. Check that out for us.

4. Calling me a douche didn't hurt me in the least and made you look like an ignoramus. Your apology or lack thereof will say all that needs to be said about your character.

Learn how to obtain quality introductions from your clients and you won't have to worry about calling people who don't want to be called.

In Indiana there are two lists State and Federal. Some people are on one and some are on both.
If the are on the Fed you can't call them.

If they are ONLY on the state you are OK to call them provided you disclose that you are an insurance agent making a sales call within the first 30 seconds of the call.

Last edited:
In Indiana there are two lists State and Federal. Some people are on one and some are one both.
If the are on the Fed you can't call them.
If the are ONLY on the state you are OK to call them provided you disclose that you are an insurance agent making a sales call within the first 30 seconds of the call.

Thanks Newby;)

Back