Cold Calling - Back to the Basics!

DSM

Expert
Hello...everyone! This is my first post, and I thought I'd just share my thoughts about my revelation after almost 11 years in the business. 2 years ago, I decided to try telemarketers out in an attempt to get more business. Ingenious idea, huh...LOL? I can't believe the activity level it has caused - an outright eruption! Anyone's thoughts on cold calling, telemarketers, you name it would be greatly appreciated. Let this be an open discussion of what has worked for you, what hasn't, what you wish would work, and so on. Let's all help each other Build our Block!

Hello...everyone! This is my first post, and I thought I'd just share my thoughts about my revelation after almost 11 years in the business. 2 years ago, I decided to try telemarketers out in an attempt to get more business. Ingenious idea, huh...LOL? I can't believe the activity level it has caused - an outright eruption! Anyone's thoughts on cold calling, telemarketers, you name it would be greatly appreciated. Let this be an open discussion of what has worked for you, what hasn't, what you wish would work, and so on. Let's all help each other Build our Block!

I have just about tried it all over the last 14 years.

Buying a list and calling people on that list has consistently worked best for me. I hated cold calling, still do. Would rather dust my office than make that first call in the morning.

However, after that first call my instincts kick in and it becomes a challenge to me. After doing it for a lot of years I have learned to "give good phone" and it is very successful for me.

Back