Cold Calling, Door Knocking, Direct Mail?

AZGuy

I've been working for an independent office for about a year now. Mostly selling MAPDs and some Supps and FE. Leads are provided by the company in the form of direct mail response from low income seniors. Since I have joined the office they have added many more agents and the leads have decreased. I'm also not too happy with the types of leads we are marketing. Most of the time when I go on the appointment I end up replacing their current MAPD because of LIS or SNP or end up writing a $3-5k FE policy. I have been reading this board and looking at ways to increase my activity. I have to say I do not like cold calling. I don't mind calling back a direct mail lead. 95% of my appointments are set that way. I have thought of door knocking but I sell MAPDs and don't want to get in trouble. I asked my manager today about sending out my own direct mail for T65 but was told I couldn't because all the companies that do that have already sold the exclusive right to my market. I find this hard to believe. So is my only option is to cold call? Thanks for any advice

The company they use to mail T65(Target leads)will not sell out to anyone else in our market I was told another insurance office had the exclusive rights in my market. Also using any other company would be a waste of money.

As for a new upline. I would hate to lose a years worth of residuals if I left

Very old adage, but true:

The way to more.
is door to door after four.

Seems to still work based upon some opinions expressed in this forum. Not implying anything but a suggestion.

The company they use to mail T65(Target leads)will not sell out to anyone else in our market I was told another insurance office had the exclusive rights in my market. Also using any other company would be a waste of money.

Why would using any other company be a waste of money?
IMO I've used Target Leads for a while and I found out they are a waste of money. There are plenty of companies that will mail out lead cards for you. I'd suggest finding a local one by you,that way you'll get them back faster.

I used TL and NeedaLead and started doing a lot better by using a local business to mail them out, I get them back within 7-10 days compared to 3 weeks

The company they use to mail T65(Target leads)will not sell out to anyone else in our market I was told another insurance office had the exclusive rights in my market.

Ask them if they'll mail your list? I'll hook you up with a T65 list and you could just not tell them what it is? Or better yet, use another vendor on the mailing?

Trust me I was shocked when I heard this from my manager. Getting a T65 list is not the problem. I was told we just didn't have anyone to do the mailers. Josh I was looking at your site and will most likely contact you shortly. Now I just have to find a company to do the direct mail

^just keep your eyes peeled and you will find something near you. Do some internet searches too

So, your commissions are assigned to your agency?
Would it be better to lose one year of renewals or hang on there for another couple of year, leave, lose 3 years of renewals? Unless you are planning on staying there for the rest of your working days, you may want to think that over for a while.

Back