Cold Calling, Door Knocking, Direct Mail?

Trust me I was shocked when I heard this from my manager. Getting a T65 list is not the problem. I was told we just didn't have anyone to do the mailers. Josh I was looking at your site and will most likely contact you shortly. Now I just have to find a company to do the direct mail

If you worked in auto or home insurance, I would be able to help you with instant leads.. I guess the best way to work with clients is…to get leads instantly. You do not have delays .. you are always ahead of your competitors.

So, your commissions are assigned to your agency?
Would it be better to lose one year of renewals or hang on there for another couple of year, leave, lose 3 years of renewals? Unless you are planning on staying there for the rest of your working days, you may want to think that over for a while.

Oh it gets better. I think I have a 6 month non-compete. So even if I wanted to leave I do think I could get re-contracted with all the carriers I am with right now.

Oh it gets better. I think I have a 6 month non-compete. So even if I wanted to leave I do think I could get re-contracted with all the carriers I am with right now.

There are plenty of carriers you can write business with, don't get hung up on that. If you have proven to be successful, and can work independently without a supervisor, then go out on your own. It's really a no brainer.

BenS can you send me a pm I guess I need 20 post before I can do that. I see you are in AZ as well

Ok so I've been doing some research and find out that I could be getting paid more and take my book with me with other companies in the area but find out if I leave I can't join another company for 6 months. So I am stuck with a company for 6 months and no leads. I need to do something because AEP is 6 month away

Ok so I've been doing some research and find out that I could be getting paid more and take my book with me with other companies in the area but find out if I leave I can't join another company for 6 months. So I am stuck with a company for 6 months and no leads. I need to do something because AEP is 6 month away

If you know how to work leads yourself, why do you need to be with a company? I can understand if you needed training but it sounds like you already know what you are doing. Just get contracted with some companies and start writing. After 6 months you can pick up those 1 or 2 companies that you couldn't write for during that time

I write for about 30.
This is the problem I would have to leave the senior market for 6 months. I fall in the category of newer agent not understanding FMO's and signing over your commission

I write for about 30.
This is the problem I would have to leave the senior market for 6 months. I fall in the category of newer agent not understanding FMO's and signing over your commission

What 30? Medicare? Life?

Chances are I know what happened if you are new. When I was new I worked for Great American Senior Benefits. They spewed the normal BS that I bought in to and I soon too wanted out.
They always said, "the one thing I love about GA is that we have 25-30 companies that we write for"...it was mostly BS.

If you are new, you probably aren't contracted with 30 companies yet and if you were I'm sure you haven't wrote biz with all of them.

Who do you guys target? Seniors? If so, what is in your bag that you take when you go on an appointment for medicare products only?

you nailed it $300 for a new mapd $150 renew. There is not an mapd I don't sell in my market. yes many of my appointments are pending on an app. But I won't be able to sell any MAPD and will lose Omaha for Supps which are the by far the lowest in this area

Its all about marketing. Selectquote will hire and pay 40.00 per MAPD which is stealing from agents just because they spend $$ on marketing. Marketing is the key and its expensive. I know guys that spend 3,000 a month just on marketing so it takes a wallet. Dont be lured unless u have a good plan. I left in my 20s with no plan and it took 10 years to find good marketing organizations that dont steal from u too. U can sell anything if u have good marketing look at the pet rock.

Back