Cold Calling for Cowards

Were I to sell FE insurance:
Just wanna set at the kitchin table with Ma Kinsley, complement her on her oatmeal cookies and fit a $5K-$10K life insurance policy into her budget so the little beggars can plant her when she's gone.

If I do a good job, maybe I'll get a referral that goes like,
"Hey Pa, turn off the tv and get your bu&& in here. You need one o them policies this nice young man is selling."

(Seriously for a moment, one of the things I have learned is that I have absolutely no clue about the way to present a $10K life insurance policy--regardless of whether $10K is the premium or the face. Other things need to be done before I get to that concern though.)

If you sit at the kitchen table you'll probably get grape jelly on the app and you'll have to flick the ants/cockroaches off the app while you write(makes it tricky). :twitchy:

If you eat a cookie made in some of those houses, you better make sure your insurance in order. No f*cking way I'd eat one of those cookies. :no:

(Seriously for a moment, one of the things I have learned is that I have absolutely no clue about the way to present a $10K life insurance policy--regardless of whether $10K is the premium or the face. Other things need to be done before I get to that concern though.)

Except for the lack of an insurance license you know as much as TrainWreck.

Rick

John Savage taught many decades ago about the four questions required to answer when selling life insurance - and this will work for a one-call close:

1) How much? (An amount you can easily afford and qualify for.)
2) What kind? (The best kind to start with or for your situation: term, FE, whatever)
3) Who from? (Well, I don't see anyone else here, and I'm not here to represent my competition, so I would humbly recommend that you buy your insurance from me.) :)
4) When? (Today... because I'm only going to recommend an amount you can easily afford.)

this one that was written in the late 60's:
The Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Browne
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M19W20Y/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_12

Thank you for this reference.

As a result of "conflicts" in another thread, I was thinking about the "process" of becoming a life insurance agent. I've created a broad brush, top level list, currently at 9-10 items, of the process.

After looking at the table of contents and scanning a few pages, I've put this with Step 2, calling it "learning how to live like an insurance salesman".

----------

John Savage taught many decades ago about the four questions required to answer when selling life insurance - and this will work for a one-call close:

1) How much? (An amount you can easily afford and qualify for.)
2) What kind? (The best kind to start with or for your situation: term, FE, whatever)
3) Who from? (Well, I don't see anyone else here, and I'm not here to represent my competition, so I would humbly recommend that you buy your insurance from me.) :)
4) When? (Today... because I'm only going to recommend an amount you can easily afford.)

Wow! A nugget lying on the ground and all I have to do is pick it up. Thank you.

If I choose to sell fe, I have to pick a company.
jdeasy uses KSKJ. I think springboxhouston uses Trinity. I think agentguy5 uses Transamerica.

jdeasy has a simplified, direct fe business model. Following my forum teaching I would choose one of those companies, with Gerber as a second, dropping them into that business model.

Then when I get to my process step 7 or 8, presenting: There's a simple 4 step outline for what my presentation covers. Like a 6 paragraph college paper. An opening, 4 detail paragraphs, and a summary/close.

Always remember that "a confused mind will not buy".

Continue to keep studying, but you'll need to always keep simplicity in mind. Help your prospects to make a buying (or not buying) decision and to make it as clear as possible.

Ben Feldman sold MILLIONS per year in WL premium by making it the "brain dead obvious choice".

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stalker that has a crush on you is back Tom. :twitchy:

Don't bend over!!!:err:

I don't respond nor worry about *icky . . . He just a lonely old atheist needing to hear himself talk or type . . .

I won his under / over bet - he is sour . . .

I've read Cold Calling for Cowards. It's 'okay'. It tries to be a "motivational" book.

In my opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to this one that was written in the late 60's:
The Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Browne
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M19W20Y/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_12

Just finished The book you suggested. Really good read. I didn't realize he was Libertarian Presidential candidate. Interesting.

Harry Browne was an American free-market Libertarian writer and the Libertarian Party's 1996 and 2000 candidate for President of the United States.

----------

Always remember that "a confused mind will not buy".

Continue to keep studying, but you'll need to always keep simplicity in mind. Help your prospects to make a buying (or not buying) decision and to make it as clear as possible.

Ben Feldman sold MILLIONS per year in WL premium by making it the "brain dead obvious choice".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E6JhLj8W50

Too bad it costs about. $30. I checked library too.

"The book you don't read won't help." — Jim Rohn

"It isn't what the book costs; it is what will cost if you don't read it." - Jim Rohn

I've spent THOUSANDS on my selling and insurance education. This is a book worthy of investment for $30, depending on the focus you want to take your new career. In my opinion, you don't need a huge amount of education to sell FE - just competence.

But you can buy it from the MDRT store for $22.50 + S/H.
The MDRT Store. The Feldman Method

Too bad it costs about. $30. I checked library too.

If your library system will do interlibrary loans for patrons, you could check that.
I find that if WorldCat shows a book in the library of one of my state's two large universities or in one of the local private college libraries, there is a pretty good chance I can obtain it through interlibrary loan. Elsewhere it's more hit and miss, sometimes I get the book and other times the request just sits for 1-2 months with no result. It is a one-time no-renewal one month checkout which starts when my library receives the book, regardless of when I actually pick it up.

----------

----------> DHK
I managed a way to get, at least most of, a copy of the Feldman book relatively inexpensively-what I have suits my reading speed, comprehension and situation at the moment. Probably need a paper copy if I pursue the selling seriously.

Given some "saved" money, some comments in a book review on Amazon, and what I discovered is a "hidden" Savage quote someone made in another thread; I ordered a copy of High Touch Selling on eBay. As the reviewer suggested, his other books including the easy sale are not so readily available and are much more expensive. (I also got a book by Friedman and one by Cathcart.)

The Feldman book clicks right along for fe. "All" I have to do is find out jdeasy's x number of whys for fe and make a "package" for each one and learn to present it in my sleep and there I am! Or maybe not, but it is sure an interesting way to think about the process. I think one could set the cost of that one idea at $30 and say it would be recovered in the commission on x fe policies.

Back