Cold Calling Help!

5always

Expert
I had free time today so I cold called seniors today for final expense off a list from Josh which was great.

I called 251 numbers and reached 66 but had no success setting appointments.

The script I used was from Josh as well and it is direct and to the point but kept ending in a No right away before even getting started.

Is anyone willing to help or offer tips because I think I definitely should have done better. I have experience calling on the phone but not in insurance.

I am new and looking for help getting off the ground.

I am trying to mix this activity with business walk and talks.

Thanks
5always

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Insurance Forums

Just say,
Hello my name is Mr. Schnabbly Wobbly from Fancy Company, the reason I am calling you today because we recently mailed you information on covering your final expenses, do you have a plan in place to pay for your funeral and other final expenses?
Let them talk. Even calling off of dm leads is still cold in this insurance vertical, so you will HAVE to ask questions besides the intro. Newby said the secret sauce is in having them explain to you if they have a plan in place or not.
If they say NO, they don't have a plan, then ask them,

it takes about 10 minutes to see what you qualify for I have a 10:30 or 4:30 available tomorrow, which one works best for you.

If they say YES, then ask them one of two things,

if you could save money on what your already paying, would it be worth 10 minutes to take an extra look?

or (and my favorite)

if you could get more coverage for what your already paying, would it be worth 10 minutes to take an extra look?

When you say SAVE, everyone already has this notion in their mind on what's ENOUGH savings to require changing over, but then your minimizing YOUR premium and engage in some sort of weighing pros and cons of changing. BUT, if you could get them MORE of something....

well then you are helping someone acquire MORE....much more powerful imo.

Which leads me to my last point........what do you buy a man who has everything?

MORE of everything!!!:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this great source of leads.

telephone-books_books.jpg

GreenSky said:
I found this great source of leads.

I never knew those were leads.. I thought it was just a really big paper weight.

Who do I pay for the bill? Lol

I hope they are financed since it's so many. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Insurance Forums

Just say,
Hello my name is Mr. Schnabbly Wobbly from Fancy Company, the reason I am calling you today because we recently mailed you information on covering your final expenses, do you have a plan in place to pay for your funeral and other final expenses?
Let them talk. Even calling off of dm leads is still cold in this insurance vertical, so you will HAVE to ask questions besides the intro. Newby said the secret sauce is in having them explain to you if they have a plan in place or not.
If they say NO, they don't have a plan, then ask them,

it takes about 10 minutes to see what you qualify for I have a 10:30 or 4:30 available tomorrow, which one works best for you.

If they say YES, then ask them one of two things,

if you could save money on what your already paying, would it be worth 10 minutes to take an extra look?

or (and my favorite)

if you could get more coverage for what your already paying, would it be worth 10 minutes to take an extra look?

When you say SAVE, everyone already has this notion in their mind on what's ENOUGH savings to require changing over, but then your minimizing YOUR premium and engage in some sort of weighing pros and cons of changing. BUT, if you could get them MORE of something....

well then you are helping someone acquire MORE....much more powerful imo.

Which leads me to my last point........what do you buy a man who has everything?

MORE of everything!!!:laugh:
~
~

After you ask them if they have a burial plan (I use burial over final expense) and they say no, I would make it more personal by saying: "I know what that's like, not having a plan in place. My dad died when I was a younger lad and he didn't have burial insurance. He had no plan. He was sick for a few years before he died and medical bills left them with no money. I saw how horrible it was for my mom to have to beg and borrow for money to give him a half way decent burial. That is why I am out trying to help other families from having to go through that. I know my dad wouldn't have wanted to do that to my mom or us kids. If only someone would have talked to him about a plan. It only takes a few minutes to see what YOU qualify for and I'm in your area tomorrow. Lets see, I have 10:30 or 4:00 available, which one is better for you?

If they say no to that tell them you hope they eat shlt and die. Hang up and move on. hehe

~
~

Last edited:
Leads are just a phone number and a name unless you call and find out if they are interested... If they are dropping you at the start of the script then change the start... do you try to build a relationship by bs'ing with them a little?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would love information on your lead/list.. can you get commercial/companies by industry and employee count?

Last edited:
Back