Cold Calling Help!

Leads are just a phone number and a name unless you call and find out if they are interested... If they are dropping you at the start of the script then change the start... do you try to build a relationship by bs'ing with them a little?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would love information on your lead/list.. can you get commercial/companies by industry and employee count?

No, a LIST is a phone number and name. It becomes a lead only if they are interested.

Rick

exactly my point. In my experience people just get a list when they think they think they are getting a lead list. I find that most companies do not qualify at all or poorly. I hardly trust information that I dont generate myself.

I am always looking for leads/data most of it is just D&B pulls...
then again I am in a completely different game... P&C so it could not apply.

How do you cold call in California.

"Operation Cold Call" Disconnects Suspected Violators of California Telemarketing Law

FTC Joins FBI and California Officials in Law Enforcement Sweep

The Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and California law enforcement officials today announced a joint action against telemarketers who allegedly violated California’s Telephonic Sellers Registration Act.
As part of “Operation Cold Call,” state and local law enforcers charged a number of California telemarketing businesses, including their officers and employees, with failing to register or post the state’s required $100,000 bond. Telemarketing in California without registering is a criminal misdemeanor for both sellers and owners, and violators are subject to fines of $10,000 and/or imprisonment of not more than one year. FTC attorneys will assist in the local prosecutions.

Operation Cold Call (August 1998)

How do you cold call in California.

"Operation Cold Call" Disconnects Suspected Violators of California Telemarketing Law

FTC Joins FBI and California Officials in Law Enforcement Sweep

The Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and California law enforcement officials today announced a joint action against telemarketers who allegedly violated California’s Telephonic Sellers Registration Act.
As part of “Operation Cold Call,” state and local law enforcers charged a number of California telemarketing businesses, including their officers and employees, with failing to register or post the state’s required $100,000 bond. Telemarketing in California without registering is a criminal misdemeanor for both sellers and owners, and violators are subject to fines of $10,000 and/or imprisonment of not more than one year. FTC attorneys will assist in the local prosecutions.

Operation Cold Call (August 1998)

That stuff is from 1998. Wouldn't that be considered old news since the crack down was 15 years ago!

^^^ If I ask a good question 3 different times and when it is posted you cold call and I ask how can I cold call if a reg like this exist you can give me a good answer not a troll answer like yours and MAH still has not responded to my many questions.

Oh by the way to day was my life and health exam and I passed

Last edited:
^^^ If I ask a good question 3 different times and when it is posted you cold call and I ask how can I cold call if a reg like this exist you can give me a good answer not a troll answer like yours and MAH still has not responded to my many questions.

Congrats on passing.. I can't answer you question on cold calling in CA as I am not licensed there. Easy on Xrac.. He is one of the good guys and will do his best to help you but since that article is so old, you might try to find information that is a little more current.

As for Mah, as far as anyone knows she has never written an application since getting her license a few months ago. Perhaps you should seek advice from someone who actually has some experience in the business.

Congratulations!

Congratulations on passing. DNC regulations make cold calling a very difficult proposition. You have the following choices:

1)Purchase and call only lists scrubbed for DNC subscribers.
2)Call only business numbers because DNC regulations do not apply.
3)Take your chances and ignore the law.
4)Use other forms of prospecting.

Back