Cold Calling in Oklahoma for Med Supp

Ro-Bear

Hello!

I am in need of help. I have been cold calling a list from salesdatapro.com and my target market is 67-78 for Med Supp. I am having no luck whatsoever. It's actually been pathetic. I've called over 4k people and only got 1 person to allow me to quote them. I used to work for a Farmers agent and had good success cold calling locally for P&C, but the senior market is different. Not sure if it's Oklahoma where everyone is just upset in general or what, but I'm not getting anywhere in my approach. I am not going to claim to be a wiz at phone sales, but I'm not a complete rookie either. Like I said, success in P&C, not having success in Med Supp. Seems like older folks do not want to change, listen, talk, speak, discuss, or fantasize about getting better coverage or saving money. I understand rebuttals, but how does one come back when they just hang up, or better yet, start screaming and cursing. (Yes in Oklahoma) Any help would be appreciated, as I have no clue what approach would be effective at this point.

Thanks!

Hello!

I am in need of help. I have been cold calling a list from salesdatapro.com and my target market is 67-78 for Med Supp. I am having no luck whatsoever. It's actually been pathetic. I've called over 4k people and only got 1 person to allow me to quote them. I used to work for a Farmers agent and had good success cold calling locally for P&C, but the senior market is different. Not sure if it's Oklahoma where everyone is just upset in general or what, but I'm not getting anywhere in my approach. I am not going to claim to be a wiz at phone sales, but I'm not a complete rookie either. Like I said, success in P&C, not having success in Med Supp. Seems like older folks do not want to change, listen, talk, speak, discuss, or fantasize about getting better coverage or saving money. I understand rebuttals, but how does one come back when they just hang up, or better yet, start screaming and cursing. (Yes in Oklahoma) Any help would be appreciated, as I have no clue what approach would be effective at this point.

Thanks!

First thing I would do is make sure I'm not calling the poor ends of town in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

Hello!

Thanks!
What's your upline tell you to do? Who's system are you following? What are you saying?

Not surprised. At all. Does OK have a Guaranteed Issue time frame? If not---and you get an app, it will have to be underwritten. OK is #46 of 50 states in overall health, and 7th highest in tobacco usage. So once you get someone "interested" how do you get them underwritten?

I got a flash for you--even when they mail in a card asking you to call they will argue and hang up

You seem to be farming on concrete. Back all the way up and get your upline to coach you FAR better

Oh and--OK is 39th in Per capita income. Tough to get a couple to spend $600 a month when they are living on maybe $2000 SS.

Not surprised. At all. Does OK have a Guaranteed Issue time frame? If not---and you get an app, it will have to be underwritten. OK is #46 of 50 states in overall health, and 7th highest in tobacco usage. So once you get someone "interested" how do you get them underwritten?

I got a flash for you--even when they mail in a card asking you to call they will argue and hang up

You seem to be farming on concrete. Back all the way up and get your upline to coach you FAR better
Who relies on their upline for coaching? You really have a thing for guaranteed issue, don't you. Also, citing overall health of a state does not mean that nobody can pass underwriting.

Seniors get a LOT of phone calls. Most have caller ID and will not answer the phone if they don't recognize the number.

They also get pounded with all kinds of TM offers.

I know some agents seem to do OK with TM but it didn't work for me.

Why are you targeting 67 - 78?

Unless there is a birthday or anniversary rule, you will run into underwriting challenges. Last time I tried TM (Georgia) seems like everyone who agreed to talk to me either just had a heart transplant or was waiting on one.

If you want to CC consider T65. At least those folks are willing to talk and waste your time.

And yes, P&C is much easier to TM.

Few
Seniors get a LOT of phone calls. Most have caller ID and will not answer the phone if they don't recognize the number.

They also get pounded with all kinds of TM offers.

I know some agents seem to do OK with TM but it didn't work for me.

Why are you targeting 67 - 78?

Unless there is a birthday or anniversary rule, you will run into underwriting challenges. Last time I tried TM (Georgia) seems like everyone who agreed to talk to me either just had a heart transplant or was waiting on one.

If you want to CC consider T65. At least those folks are willing to talk and waste your time.

And yes, P&C is much easier to TM.
Not many people retire at 65--my buddy spent $10,000 on a T65 campaign and made like $500. (I TRIED to talk him out of it!) T65s are so slammed the topic of Medicare can send them into a rage!

Few

Not many people retire at 65--my buddy spent $10,000 on a T65 campaign and made like $500. (I TRIED to talk him out of it!) T65s are so slammed the topic of Medicare can send them into a rage!

Your buddy don't know what hes doing. For $10,000 I could do at least 15 mail drops netting me at least 2 sales per drop. So yeah that would be 30 sales! Almost guaranteed that I would get that many sales and more then likely twice that and then some.

Your buddy don't know what hes doing. For $10,000 I could do at least 15 mail drops netting me at least 2 sales per drop. So yeah that would be 30 sales! Almost guaranteed that I would get that many sales and more then likely twice that and then some.
Woop de do. Im getting 10-15 sales per drop by NOT mailing T65.

Back